O/T: Sister Mary Ann

Enjoy Lew

------------------------------------- In California Unleaded gas went to $4.00 a gallon last Thursday.

Sister Mary Ann, who worked for a home health agency, was out making her rounds visiting homebound patients when she ran out of gas.

Fortunately, an Exxon station was just a block away.

She walked to the station to borrow a gas can and buy some gas.

The attendant told her that the only gas can he owned had been loaned out, but she could wait until it was returned.

Since Sister Mary Ann was on the way to see a patient, she decided not to wait, and walked back to her car.

She looked for something in her car that she could fill with gas, and spotted the bedpan she was taking to the patient.

Always resourceful, Sister Mary Ann carried the bedpan to the station, filled it with gasoline, and carried the full bedpan back to her car.

As she was pouring the gas into her tank, two Baptist ladies watched from across the street.

One of them turned to the other and said,

'If it starts, I'm turning Catholic.'

Reply to
Lew Hodgett
*SNIP*

I have been chuckling pretty hard over that one for the last few minutes. Good one, Lew.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

ya might enjoy this one, too

Two nuns are riding their bikes down the back streets of Rome. One leans over to the other and says, "You know, I've never come this way before."

...The other nun whispers, "It's the cobblestones."

Reply to
ChairMan

If you're doing very old nun jokes; Two nuns in the shower.

1st nun: "Where's the Soap?" 2nd nun: "Yes, it does, doesn't it?
Reply to
nicknoxx

I must either be in DENSE mode or the joke is. 'Sprain, preese?

-- Education is when you read the fine print. Experience is what you get if you don't. -- Pete Seeger

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Where's ==> wears

Reply to
Greg Neill

Oooh.... good one. ;)

nb

Reply to
notbob

Keep explaining, please. Not funny yet/makes no sense.

-- Education is when you read the fine print. Experience is what you get if you don't. -- Pete Seeger

Reply to
Larry Jaques

It is a rule of comedy that jokes do not get funnier with explanation. The best you can hope for now is understanding.

So, that being said, here are further hints. Answer yourself the following:

  1. Where might the soap be that 1st Nun would not know where it is?
  2. Where might the soap be, and what might be happening to it, that 2nd Nun might misinterpret 1st Nun's question?
Reply to
Greg Neill

  1. What might cause the soap to wear?
Reply to
nicknoxx

And consider that the thread seems to be about nuns "pleasuring" themselves.

Reply to
Max

There. I told you it wouldn't be funny.

Reply to
Greg Neill

What? I still think it's funny. But I'm not a Catholic.

Max

Reply to
Max

I agree--not funny. I didn't get it until hint #3. And several minutes before that I already decided it wasn't going to be funny.

The comment: "It is a rule of comedy that jokes do not get funnier with explanation" was both true and funnier! : )

Bill

Reply to
Bill

When you tell a joke to a republican, they laugh 3 times.

1) They laugh to be polite, but don't really 'get it'.

2) They laugh again, to be polite, when you explain it to them.

3) They laugh again, a few weeks later, when they finally 'get it'.
Reply to
Robatoy

1) They laugh to be polite, but don't really 'get it'. 2) They laugh again, to be polite, when you explain it to them. 3) They laugh again, a few weeks later, when they finally 'get it'.

----------------------------- Same with blondes.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

You don't have to be Catholic to be funny.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Oh, I understood it. My insta-gutter mind automatically works that way. ;)

Sexual antics with the soap would not be considered "wearing" to me, but "inserting". Soapin' up and fingerin' ain't "wearing", either.

Realistically, a virgin nun wouldn't be able to insert a large bar of soap anywhere, in -any- of her virgin openings.

Thanks for playing.

-- Education is when you read the fine print. Experience is what you get if you don't. -- Pete Seeger

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Yeah, that was better than the "joke", wasn't it?

-- Education is when you read the fine print. Experience is what you get if you don't. -- Pete Seeger

Reply to
Larry Jaques

It's a JOKE. (not a great one, granted) It doesn't have to be realistic. FFS.

Oh and who said it was a large bar of soap?

Reply to
nicknoxx