O/T: Shrub is at it again

Page 1 of 2
It was announced that Shrub vetoed the "Farm" bill this afternoon.
Maybe the "Farm" lobby didn't take care of business or the Shrub's friends don't stand to make enough money from the bill the way it was written.
Don't get me wrong, the "Farm" policy of the US gov't has been a disgrace for as long as I remember.
I still remember as a 7th & then an 8th grade kid, riding the school bus after school to a potato farm to ride on the potato picker, picking out clods of dirt and potato vines from about 4:00PM till dark and all day Saturday.
It was hard work, but $0.50/hr was good money for a 12-13 year old kid back then.
It was also depressing.
The farmer had to dye the potatoes purple, then sell them for $0.01/pound, to be used for hog feed.
The farmer got a subsidy payment from US Gov't. after submitting the necessary documentation.
There were a lot of hungry people in the world back then, and wasting good food went against everything I was taught.
Things haven't changed much, but doubt much will be done about it.
Wonder what Shrub's real agenda is?
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

But that fact won't stop you from blaming Bush, right? Because it's ideology over reason at all time. Bush did the right thing. The Cowardly Congress will likely override.
(Hands Lew a clean hanky to wipe the foam off.)
---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Tim Daneliuk snipped-for-privacy@tundraware.com PGP Key: http://www.tundraware.com/PGP /
Tim Daneliuk wrote:

Man ain't that a fact... the guy signs every pork filled piece of crap to cross his desk, and he's an A-Hole... He Veto's this piece of pork filled crap, and he's and A-Hole... Just can't win...

Assuming that you are talking about Bush, Louise Hoggett seems displeased.
Funny how this "Idiot" you are referring to is the one who the Democratic front runners seem to be running against. Has no one told them that Bush is done at the end of this term? Does the Democratic party really think that fussing about Bush is a reason to vote for them? LOL Both of those clowns seem to be pointed in the wrong direction.
[other stuff snipped]

Ain't she cute? I have a feeling I know what she's thinking. I can read it in her face. And THAT is why she's staying in the race. It might even be the same reason she did so well in Kentucky.
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/Disdain.jpg

I forgot to mention that one commentator suggested Obama better hire a food taster if he picks HRC as VP. That look, makes me believe he's right.

I forgot to mention that one commentator suggested Obama better hire a food taster if he picks HRC as VP. That look, makes me believe he's right.
No kidding. While she is busy trying to do that deed Bill will be raiding the hen house. ;~)
Robatoy wrote:

I'd rather he just hire Ted Kennedy as his driver...
[other stuff snipped]

Ain't she cute? I have a feeling I know what she's thinking. I can read it in her face. And THAT is why she's staying in the race. It might even be the same reason she did so well in Kentucky.
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o290/Robatoy/Disdain.jpg
The MSNBC head lines today indicated that she is staying in because she has some good reason to do so, or something like that. She is staying in to remain in the head lines, notoriety, fame, etc. Spend that money and hope Obama will bail her out at the end. I just hope that this will be the end to that era.

"There's many a slip twixt the cup and the lip."
Plenty of reason, in my mind, for her to stay in the contest. Obama does not have the nomination, yet. Odds are against her, given. That doesn't mean she can't get the nomination.
On Wed, 21 May 2008 18:34:14 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

And here's the caption.
"Infirm of purpose! Give me the daggers."
Lady Macbeth - Macbeth Act 2, scene 2, 4552
Tom Watson tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet www.home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1

Here's another cation:
"He's taller than Vince Foster...."
"Leon" wrote:

My, my, bit testy I see.
Would appear you have allowed your emotions to affect your logic.
The post had absolutely nothing to do with the upcoming election or the campaign that goes with it.
Case you missed it, the final line of the post was a question:
"Wonder what Shrub's real agenda is?"
Lew

Sorry about the thread-jack there, Lew. Bush's agenda is whatever The Illuminati tell him it is. <s>

Just to piss you off.
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

Naw, he's not worth it.
If it wasn't so pitiful, what is happening would be humorous.
Lew

Fixed the subject line.
--
FF

Nothing like this would ever happen under BO....... Well maybe Im wrong.
cm

CM wrote:

What, vetoing subsidies for huge agribusinesses?

--John
RE: Subject
It is so much fun being a shit disturber.
Just like fishing, what you catch depends on the bait and technique used.
Lew