O/T: Shades Of The Caine Mutiny

Shades of the past.

Remember the "Caine Mutiny", written by Herman Wouk, and made into a movie staring Bogey as Capt'n Queeg in the mid 1950's?

Bogey as Capt'n Queeg, testifying from the witness chair, about the so called mutiny aboard the Caine, and playing with some steel balls in his hands.

Queeg always played with those balls when under pressure.

As his testimony continued, the deeper the hole he dug for himself and the more animated the movement of the balls in his hands became.

I'm reminded of that scene as I watch Mitt Romney perform concerning his comments about the 47% group.

The only thing missing are the balls.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

When you have facts, use them.

When you don't, throw crap on the wall and see if you van get someting to stick.

Keep throwing.

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

__________________ I did.

Sounds like you are a little young to remember the "Caine Mutiny".

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Tim Daneliuk

Still guzzlin' that Kool Aid ain't ya'. You'll be clueless for the rest of your life.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

Don't recognize your own reply?

And I well remember the "Caine Mutiny".

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

Why should he change that _now_?

-- The most decisive actions of our life - I mean those that are most likely to decide the whole course of our future - are, more often than not, unconsidered. -- Andre Gide

Reply to
Larry Jaques

digging a hole, if you call speaking the truth digging a hole... Stick you head back in the sand.

Reply to
Leon

Heh!

Trust me, he's got balls.

Reply to
HeyBub

---------------------------------- I will grant you it has been a few years since I read the book and saw the movie; however, don't think I deviated from Wouk's plot line by much, if any, thus I was speaking the truth.

Perhaps you need to go back and reread the book to sharpen your memory focus a tad.

As far as Romney is concerned, he continues to demonstrate how much he is "not ready for prime time" on almost a daily basis.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

I can assure you Romney is not going to hand out trophies to every one.

Reply to
Leon

He's been taking lessons from Sarah "I can see Russia" Palin :-).

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

So what are you guys agreeing to here?

We have too losers, so pick one?

Reply to
Richard

All you lefties can do is lie. You can't support the record of your boy.

Reply to
krw

Tim Daneliuk

Larry Blanchard wrote in news:k3gc51$n5k$ snipped-for-privacy@speranza.aioe.org:

You *do* know that she never said that, don't you?

Reply to
Doug Miller