O/T: SawStop

Page 3 of 3
On Tue, 17 Jan 2012 10:33:28 -0800, Larry Jaques wrote:

I think the "many times" in the above sentence would cover the comparatively small cost of the blades and cartridges :-).

On 1/17/2012 12:33 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Since the saws have paid for themselves many times over as stated, the cost of the blade does not matter. Not to mention that it is a commercial shop and they probably wear blades out much more often than they damage one.
    --Fuck 'em all. I've got a Saw Stop and I'm glad of it. I'd never go back to another brand; damn well made and still evolving, with a team of engineers that are happy to talk to end users and act on their experiences. Now that's uncommon and welcome.
--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Steel, Stainless, Titanium:
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : Guaranteed Uncertified Welding!
steamer wrote:

...think they are motivated by and acting that way because of their greater love for humanity? If I see more eagerness to share the technology I'll believe you. The industry could see a lot more saws.

You could apply the same thought to the drug industry. They're in business to make money. The idea that their product can help people is just a passing consideration and wherever possible, they fight the production of generic drugs. They're loath to share any part of their product. Pretty close comparison don't you think?

Drug companies are trying to force their product on everyone? Well, perhaps the Mexican "drug companies"...
On Sun, 22 Jan 2012 16:26:18 -0500, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

You're not getting my point. The drug companies are one of the most mercenary businesses around. There's very little they won't do to get their way. Every other topic is discussed here, but the drug companies seem to get a pass. Why is that?
In reality, compared to US drug Companies, SawStop and Steven Gass are saints. But, Gass is cursed and labeled as the devil. It doesn't make sense that one gets a by, but the other is essentially ignored. Maybe you Americans are so used to being gouged by the drug companies that you just let it go. ?????
Dave wrote:

Yes, I think it's a fair comparison. Neither industry is likely more charitable than the other. The exceptions, usually individuals, stand out.
The CEO's of major corps make tens of millions of dollars per year, in many cases at the expense of their exployees. It's a fine kettle of fish we've cooked.
On 1/22/2012 2:31 PM, Bill wrote:

Well once the Saw Stop people have your money they really don't have to go any farther except to make an excuse for your problems.
What other current TS manufacturer goes as far as Saw Stop apparently does after the sale?
More than 25 km?
----- "Leon" wrote in message
Well once the Saw Stop people have your money they really don't have to go any farther except to make an excuse for your problems.
What other current TS manufacturer goes as far as Saw Stop apparently does after the sale?

I'm glad you are still able to offer classes. You have such a great program.
Tom Walz Carbide Processors
I wrote:

"tomwalz" wrote:

program.