O/T: Ramblings of a Retired Mind

On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 13:20:38 -0500, the infamous Greg G. scrawled the following:

I switched to jazz, but I still have (and listen to) lots of King Crimson, Zep, Black Sabbath (#2), Jethro Tull (#1, my fave band ever) and Steely Dan.

-- When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary. -- Thomas Paine

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Only after genevers :-D

Reply to
Morris Dovey

On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 13:28:41 -0500, the infamous Pat Barber scrawled the following:

QWEST out here on the Left Coast says they get only $18 for a single line service. By the time they send the bill to you, it's $46. I wanted caller ID and it doesn't come alone, pick two other services and pay $10/mo for them. Then taxes out the ass, local and fed, connection fees for interstate lines, cheap phone surcharge for the poor, yada yada yada.

Whenever I hear QWEST, I just automatically bend over now.

But those bastards are still only half the price of anyone's cellular schedule, and cellular still isn't ready for prime time. I'm on copper to stay, mon. (and fiber. They still don't have 7mbs DSL here in my area yet, just 1.5. )

-- When we are planning for posterity, we ought to remember that virtue is not hereditary. -- Thomas Paine

Reply to
Larry Jaques

In just over 30 minutes you can feed a group of 4 BIG eaters.(From waaaaay back)

1 lb Italian sausage 1 large jar of spaghetti sauce 1 box of favorite pasta Loaf of favorite bread

Slice up sausage in bite size pieces brown in Large frying pan Dump in sauce Simmer for 30 minutes

Cook Pasta.....(try to read directions)

Serve sauce w/sausage over pasta.......

Greg G. wrote:

Reply to
Pat Barber

I like rabbits, they taste just like cats.

Luigi in Portland

Reply to
Luigi Zanasi

Be careful in Asia when you see "rabbit", in English, on a restaurant menu!

Reply to
Swingman

Really? Something like this: ?

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Be careful in England when you see chicken on the menu in an Asian restaurant! Might be anything from cat to rat to canned cat food. Oh, well, I'll have the tandoori rat today ...

Reply to
LDosser

According to the authors of "Lobscouse and Spotted Dog", "bakers", as culinary rat was known in the Royal Navy in Nelson's day, is actually not bad at all.

Reply to
J. Clarke

on 11/16/2009 11:18 PM (ET) Lew Hodgett wrote the following:

Sorry for the late post, but that is really funny.

Reply to
willshak