O/T: Quote Of THe Day

Page 4 of 5
Keith Nuttle wrote:

Slight correction: Romney (and the Republicans) said we WILL make it better. It was the Democrats who said we CAN make it better. A subtle, but crucial, difference.
"Keith Nuttle" wrote in message
On 9/7/2012 10:05 AM, Doug Winterburn wrote:

I believe in the coming election there is one big factor that has been missed.
That factor can be summed up in Michelle's response when obama was elected. She said that that was the first time in her life when she was proud of America. (You can check this statement in the news archives)
The whole Republican convention was; we are proud of America, We know We are capable of great things, and We can make it better. ( Notice there was no mention of establishing more government for the purpose.)
It is my believe that people will respond more to a positive attitude than the negative attitude expressed by the social democrats.
People will respond to a person who says that in America you can go as far as your capabilities will carry you, and believe the American dream is not, as obama said a few weeks ago, to get a job that will support your family with out the fear of loosing that job and putting you and your family in poverty. It is human nature to want the best not something that is adequate to keep you out of poverty.
Who would you vote for someone who said your success is dependent on your abilities and you can go as far as you are willing to work for, or one that say there is nothing you can do about present state, and the reason you are suffering is the government has not done enough for you. =================================================================There are a hell of a lot of people that want every thing but won't put the effort into it. They vote for those that say they will give them something for nothing rather than someone who says to work for it. The Democrats have a heavy stake in keeping the poor poor and keeping racism alive. That way, they have something to "save" people from. They are nothing without a "victim".
On Fri, 07 Sep 2012 14:40:44 -0700, CW wrote:

By definition, half of the people are of below average intelligence - how far will their "abilities" take them?
They did pretty good in the days when we manufactured stuff here, but then Rommney and his ilk outsourced most unskilled labor jobs. With sufficient help from the Democrats as well. Regardless of party, politicians favor big contributors.
Romney loves outsourcing. Obama makes noises against it, but in practice doesn't push it. That may be because he knows it won't get anywhere in Congress, but the end result is the same.
carrying a cross.
Larry Blanchard wrote:

One can tell you are on the Democrat's side in this debate, simply because math is involved.
If ten people take a test and 9 score 100 and one test-taker scores zero, then 90% of the test takers are above average, not five as you claim.

Again, you are sloppy with your definitions. EVERY company "outsources." They outsource security, janitorial services, insurance, grounds maintenance, air conditioning repair, and so on. Even governments "outsource." For example, my town outsources residential garbage removal to Browning-Ferris, a private concern.
I THINK you meant "offshoring," instead of "outsourcing," but it's hard to tell.

If ten people take a test and 9 score 100 and one test-taker scores zero, then 90% of the test takers are above average, not five as you claim =========================================================================You missed. Try again.

Again, you are sloppy with your definitions. EVERY company "outsources." They outsource security, janitorial services, insurance, grounds maintenance, air conditioning repair, and so on. Even governments "outsource." For example, my town outsources residential garbage removal to Browning-Ferris, a private concern.
I THINK you meant "offshoring," instead of "outsourcing," but it's hard to tell. ==========================================================================Rather dense, aren't you.
On Sun, 09 Sep 2012 07:11:22 -0500, HeyBub wrote:

Republicans can't do math? Thanks for confirming my suspicion :-).

intelligence of a large group fits the normal bell-shaped curve. If you don't know what that is, ask a Democrat :-).

And you're sloppy in your assertions. You meant that "today" most companies "outsource". And you're right. I know of some when I was working that outsourced only insurance - but that's like claiming they outsourced the gasoline they used in the company cars :-).
But as far as "offshoring", the definition of outsourcing has no reference to locale - it serves for both domestic and foreign.
carrying a cross.
On 9/7/2012 4:41 AM, HeyBub wrote:

On 9/7/2012 2:16 PM, Just Wondering wrote:

democrats took control of congress in 2006.
In six years they have not faced the problem and passed a budget as required by the Constitution. Some say budgets are worthless BUT only with an overall budget will you know where your money is going, so real cuts can be made.
On 9/7/2012 3:24 PM, Keith Nuttle wrote:

The Republican controlled House has passed budgets. The Gimmecrat contrlled Senate is the group who rejected them, largely because there was not enouge Gimme in them.
On 9/7/2012 4:24 PM, Keith Nuttle wrote:

You mean a real budget?
like 2012 maybe?
http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/EW5IdwltaAc?rel=0

Has the CBO or an outside agency ever actually -verified- any of these Democrat claims of surplus?
-- The most powerful factors in the world are clear ideas in the minds of energetic men of good will. -- J. Arthur Thomson

As I said, Larry, there is a difference between debt and budget surplus/deficit: <http://www.treasurydirect.gov/news/pressroom/pressroom_bpd08052004.htm (if this is still the copy and paste I mean). I truly, truly wish I understood fully.
Also, the listing Doug referred to was not clear whether it is in constant dollars. The price of gold was $30/oz by definition when I had my teeth done by the Utrecht Dental School around 1966. Now it is > $1500/oz. I tried to sell one of the "inlays" that had come out recently (whole!), but the gold store didn't want it ...
--
Best regards
Han

Quick definition: A budget deficit is the amount the gov't spends each year which exceeds the funds they have taken in. Debt is the total owed at the end of the year. Annual v. overall. D.C. doesn't seem to understand that, either. Spending less = NO DEFICIT, and it can lead to actually paying off the debt.
Doug's post enlightened me even more to the stupid tricks they play with money reports in D.C.
I was really pissed off the other day when I saw that the federal gov't had given the city of Grants Pass a $600k grant for bus stop shelters and then, more recently, had given some other city in Oregon about that much to repair an old covered bridge. IMHO, neither is the duty of the federal gov't and neither is a necessary expenditure. Both are -glam-, fer chrissake. We, the people, have to rein this in, damnit.

Keep them and sell them to the guys who DO buy dental gold. It doesn't fetch $1500/oz, but it's worth a pretty penny.
-- The most powerful factors in the world are clear ideas in the minds of energetic men of good will. -- J. Arthur Thomson
On 9/5/2012 10:12 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

I am sure the dental gold comes nowhere near close to almost pure gold as far as carat goes and that would mean a heck of a price difference.
"Larry Jaques" wrote in message

Has the CBO or an outside agency ever actually -verified- any of these Democrat claims of surplus?
Would you believe them [CBO numbers] if they did?
Dave in Texas
On 9/5/12 7:58 AM, Han wrote:

Yes you did. The only president anyone mentioned was Ike.
--

-MIKE-

On 9/5/2012 7:58 AM, Han wrote:

Only because Republicans have been on office more years since and including Eisenhower. They all spend money. And let's not forget that it was Jimmy Carter that broke the trillion dollar debt barrier.
Somebody wrote:

The above is so screwed up, it's ridiculous.
Lew
On 9/5/12 1:18 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

Guess I'll take your word for it.
--