O/T: Protection

Page 6 of 7
snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

Maybe, depending on the jurisdiction, the circumstances, and the jury.
You act like it's better to be dead than to be sued. If that is the case for you then I pity you.
On Sat, 19 Dec 2009 10:01:12 -0500, "J. Clarke"

You sure know how to add 2 and 2 to get 22.
On Sat, 19 Dec 2009 09:08:35 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

As others here have implied, you're full of shit.

Feel free to be wrong. Parents, spouses, siblings and children of people who die file suits for "wrongful death" every day of the week.
snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

Name one that filed such a suit on Sunday.
On Sat, 19 Dec 2009 15:39:22 -0500, "J. Clarke"

Name one that didn't.
You are really getting tiresome. See ya!
On Sat, 19 Dec 2009 15:23:09 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

Good grief! You've gone from self defense in a "Castle Doctrine" state directly to a "wrongful death". Care to move the goal posts again? What an asshole.

Sorry if I got too far ahead for you to keep up.
On Sat, 19 Dec 2009 16:12:17 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

I hope your home is broken into so you can reason with the perp. You're just too stupid to live.

Poor baby!
On Sat, 19 Dec 2009 16:52:46 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

What a sorry excuse for a man you are.

Oh, no! KRW is trying to hurt my feelings! He's one of those usenet tough guys!
On Sat, 19 Dec 2009 17:16:20 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@dog.com wrote:

You think you're the only one here? I couldn't give a shit for you. What a sorry-assed loser.

Yet you can't stop responding!

Love your new sig. It's so YOU!

The OJ case being one of the most publicized examples.

I didn't know Nichole, and squeeze, attacked OJ in his house. I missed that part.

No, but OJ was sued for wrongful death and lost after being found Innocent of the killing by a Jury. If you gun down a perp, the prosecutor may choose not to charge you with anything, but the perp's relatives may choose to sue you for wrongful death and Win.
LDosser wrote:

Which is true but irrelevant unless you feel that it is better to be dead than be sued. If you do feel that it is better to be dead than to be sued, when they sue you you can always shoot yourself with the same weapon with which you shot your assailant.

Some of our civil law needs serious work ...

<snip>
You think ours are bad, how about those libel laws in Europe? Yikes!