O/T: Plan "B"

Was going to prepare a pasta dish this evening using ricotta that was in the fridge; however, it had been there too long.
No ricotta, time for plan "B", developed on the fly. -------------------------------------------------------------------- Plan "B" from the warped mind and inclined galley of Lew Hodgett
Ingredients: 1, 2 oz Can, Anchovy fillets in oil 2, 6 oz Can, chopped clams with juices 4, Cloves, Garlic, chopped. 1, 12 oz, Penne pasta 1, 8 oz Cup, Frozen peas 1, 8 oz Cup, Parmesan grated cheese 3 Tbl, Dried Basil 1 Tbl, Butter
Directions: Heat anchovies and oil in a skillet, breaking anchovies apart.
Add clams with juices and garlic.
Bring to a simmer, then shut off heat.
Prepare penne according to directions, boiling for about 5 minutes, then add frozen peas.
Allow pasta to return to boil and boil for an additional 2 minutes.
Drain pasta/pea mixture, then return to pot.
Drain skillet mixture over pasta/pea mixture, then add basil, butter and parmesan grated cheese.
Toss evenly and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.

Necessity is the mother of invention. Sounds tasty. jc

Sounds it's a grub-out I could get into.... 'cept wtf are those peas doing in there?
On 3/11/10 9:04 AM, Robatoy wrote:

I was thinking the same thing.
--
Froz...

"Robatoy" wrote:

--------------------------------------- Like certain types of sex, don't knock it till you try it.
I often add frozen veggies, in small amounts, to pasta dishes.
Adds a little color and tastes great.
Lew

Yes....but P E A S ? ? ? (Don't get me wrong, I like peas, pea soup, steeped peas when in the UK, nothing tastier than fresh snowpeas...and I don't cook them, oh, and snap peas...yum+.) I put them in some rice dishes, but in pasta?.... that's like rice in a clear soup...or *puking now* barley! When I savour an al dente noodle, I don't want to run into a pea. (Watch where you put them spaces between words...LOL..like bar fridge...should never be contracted to barfridge...)