O/T: One Sick Puppy

Page 3 of 3
On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 19:04:38 -0800 (PST), the infamous Robatoy

They can keep the plane.
-- "Just think of the tragedy of teaching children not to doubt." -- Clarence Darrow

Sick absolutely. But considering the current political climate in Austin he may only be the first to pull a stunt like this.
BTY Austin, how is that metro rail coming along these days, any riders yet? LOL

It was just a couple miles from where my son lives and he drove by the place at Noon. He said that it stunk like oil/chemicals.
--
Nonny

Swingman pointed it out to me this past summer and pointed out that it was running, but they could not quite figure out how to make it stop. It reminded me of an electric train display you used to see in store fronts 50 years ago. ;~)
On 2/18/2010 9:17 PM, Leon wrote:

Too damn bad the inhumanity of the act is already fueling an excuse for libtard's to fall all over themselves, self righteously salivating like Pavlov's hound.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

I farkin' near hurled when I saw a headline that said: "Austin, isolated case of rage or part of a bigger terrorist plan?"
On 2/19/2010 9:26 AM, Swingman wrote:

"self-lefteously", not being in the dictionary.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

I particularly liked this statement by the Gods of Our Security: "The FBI launched an investigation and Rep. Michael McCaul, a Republican from Austin on the Homeland Security Committee, said the panel will take up the issue of how to better protect buildings from attacks with planes."
Feh! There goes the price of buildings...
-- "Just think of the tragedy of teaching children not to doubt." -- Clarence Darrow
Lew Hodgett wrote:

Definitely one sick puppy. Not only did he set his home on fire before doing this, from the reports, his wife and a young girl assumed to be his step-daughter were rescued from the blaze.
He posted a manifesto on his web page, apparently he was mad at everybody: <http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,586627,00.html
Apparently some nutjobs in the lamestream media are already trying to make political hay out of this by claiming his actions are indicative of tea party ideals. (Huffpo and Dkos sites as well as Washington Post and other papers intentionally leaving out some of his rant that show animosity toward capitalism as well as communism). His closing statement:
"The communist creed: From each according to his ability, to each according to his need. The capitalist creed: From each according to his gullibility, to each according to his greed." is hardly something in concert with either left or right wing ideals -- he was PO'd at everybody and trying to politicize this is silly.

Rob Leatham

The dog ate my comment. Which was:
Nobody likes taxes and there are lunatics on both side of the fence.
Why is there a fence? Who benefits from us not being able to find common ground?

Nope, his wife and daughter drove up to the burning house. They were not in the house at all. No one was in need of rescued except those at the IRS building.
Leon wrote:

I stand corrected. I should know better than to trust mainstream media reports (AP).

Rob Leatham
Lew Hodgett wrote:

You are fast tracked if you don't pay the IRS.
--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA
"Lew Hodgett" wrote:

--------------------------------------- What was left out of the initial post was the fact that the State of California had shut down at least two (2) of his businesses in the 90's for failure to pay state franchise taxes.
Maybe there was a pattern here.
Lew
On 2/19/2010 4:10 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

Probably because it has no importance except to a libtard looking for something to salivate over.

Yeah ... too many government entities with their hands out.
And you know better, or you ought to.
SOC doesn't "shut down" business for failing to pay franchise tax, they revoke the corporate charter of the business, which in most cases of failure to pay franchise taxes simply means the business has already closed, or moved out of state.
And, since Californicator's entitlement minded government is literally bankrupt from too much government and taxes, that is not an uncommon occurrence.
Shame on you for your obfuscation ... it's what those who want this country divided count on the sheeple to do.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Apparently the lunatic worked in a field that has a legitimate beef with the tax code. Many years ago I worked for a guy who took a very loose attitude towards his business taxes, workers comp payments etc., they slapped him down repeatedly and finally took control of his payroll to make sure all payments were made properly. Fortunately he didn't have a pilot's license.
http://www.salon.com/news/joe_stack/index.html?story=/tech/htww/2010/02/19/joe_stack_tax_problem_2
Joe Stack wasn't wrong about the tax code Even the sponsor of the 1986 amendment that punished thousands of software programmers realized it was a mistake
That 1986 change in the tax code that Joe Stack, the suicidal pilot who crashed his plane into an IRS building on Thursday, cited as a primal grievance in his online manifesto? According to David Cay Johnston, writing in the New York Times, Stack's beef was legit: the law "made it extremely difficult for information technology professionals to work as self-employed individuals, forcing most to become company employees."
And the original reason for the law, well, one can understand why some people would find it a little crazy-making.
The law was sponsored by Senator Daniel Patrick Moynihan, Democrat of New York, as a favor to I.B.M., which wanted a $60 million tax break on its overseas business.
Under budget rules in effect at the time, any tax breaks had to be paid for with new revenues. By requiring software engineers to be employees, a Congressional report estimated, income and payroll taxes would rise by $60 million a year because employees had few opportunities to cheat on their taxes.
Within a year, however, Moynihan changed his mind, and unsuccessfully sought for the law's repeal.
The Times inexplicably does not link back to Johnston's much longer article exposing the law in 1998. In that piece, Johnston extensively documented the devastating effect the law had on software programmers who wanted to set up their own shop.
As for the accusation, cited yesterday in my post, that the law was originally designed to crack down on illegal tax shelters? Harvey Shulman, a Washington lawyer who Johnston describes as specializing in representing "companies that supported the desires of software engineers to be independent contractors," sent an e-mail to Salon contesting the rationale.
To the contrary, there was no such evidence (and there are Department of Treasury documents, obtained in 1987-88 under FOIA, which show the true genesis of this law); indeed a Congressionally-mandated study of Section 1706 resulted in an unbiased government report of about 100 pages (1988) which, along with other studies, found that tax compliance by these self-employed workers was actually higher than most other types of workers -- and that the enactment of Section 1706 probably did not generate any additional tax revenue and may, in fact, have led to revenue losses (due to the favorable tax treatment accorded many employee benefits which was not accorded to self-employed workers).
It doesn't need belaboring that 99 percent of the software engineers negatively affected by Moynihan's amendment to the tax code did not end up as tax protesting kamikaze pilots. But the final kicker to Johnston's update of the story nevertheless provokes a chill.
On Wednesday, the day before Andrew Joseph Stack III left his suicide note and crashed the plane into the building in Austin, the Obama administration proposed a widespread crackdown on all types of independent contractors in an effort to raise $7 billion in tax revenue over 10 years.
On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 18:17:32 -0800, "Lew Hodgett"

We don't need to fight terrorism on the other side of the earth when it exists within the United States. Am I supposed to fear folks that hate the IRS?