O/T: One Sick Puppy

Page 1 of 3
Andrew Joseph Stack III, 53 was definitely one sick puppy crashing his plane into an IRS office in Austin, TX.
Wasn't it Ben Franklin that once said something about death and taxes?
Mr Stack didn't feel he was obligated to pay his taxes.
Hell of a way to take out his frustrations.
Lew
On 2/18/2010 8:17 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

That happened about a mile away from where I work! It was pretty surreal watching NBC news devote the first 10 minutes of their broadcast to something that happened so close by. I'm just glad to hear there wasn't more loss of life; that building sustained significant damage!
--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.
"Steve Turner" wrote:

------------------------------------ Back in the '60s, I flew over the U of Texas clock tower in Austin seated in a split tailed Banana on a Sunday afternoon headed for San Angelo from Houston.
On Monday another nut crawled up in that clock tower with his rifle and started shooting up the place.
That was also the same month as the race riots in Cleveland.
Lew

Nope. Hough riots were July. Clock tower was August.

But death doesn't get worser and worser each year.
I agree, a sick puppy with a screw loose. Same mentality as Tim McVeigh: "I'm pissed so I'll kill some innocent and unrelated people and babies".
Cowards.
-Zz
On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 18:56:04 -0800, the infamous Zz Yzx

You just had to mention killing babies, didn't you? "It's for the children!" <sigh>
But it's one terrorist attack with an actual reason behind it. He's trying to kickstart the Rev, guys. He realized that he couldn't fix the broken gov't via the ballot box so he took the next step. Hold on, boys and girls. TAR II is on the way.
[TAR II is my own (solo) pet name for "The American Revolution #2", which is, with little doubt, coming to a USA near you soon(?)]
-- "Just think of the tragedy of teaching children not to doubt." -- Clarence Darrow
Larry Jaques wrote:

We already had a Second American Revolution (1861-65), sometimes called "The Recent Unplesantness".
We lost.

Now Stack's estate gets to pay the IRS?

Now Stack's estate gets to pay the IRS?
I think he probably burned up his estate, he burned his house down this morning prior to taking the plane trip. He was up for audit, I suspect the government pretty much had it all to start with.

Thereby depriving his wife and daughter of a house to live in. He was pissed off at the world. He wanted to hurt as many people as possible.
And get this, HE WAS A SOFTWARE ENGINEER!!! That explains a lot. ;)
Snip

I suspect that he had a life insurance policy that will take care of his family, IIRC that can not be touched by the IRS.

I've never seen a life insurance policy that would pay off in the case of suicide.

Strange that I would know this but most "do" pay off for a suicide however the stipulation is that the policy has to be held for more than 2 years.

But many do not pay out for any kind of illegal act or crime.
On 2/19/2010 8:38 AM, Lee Michaels wrote:

I always thought that also, but in the past twenty years I've known two terminal cancer patients that unquestionably committed suicide with handguns and their wives were well taken care of by the insurance proceeds.
Not that I'd recommend it.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Health insure companies are like that. They pay out a bonus if you take a sick person off their payout list. <CG> (cynical grin) . . Which is why the Canadian government wants the tobacco companies to keep selling tobacco, because it shortens the life of the smoker therefore saving untold bezillions in healthcare and social security.... again..<CG>
On Fri, 19 Feb 2010 09:19:00 -0600, the infamous Swingman

The insurance companies probably thought it was a good idea. It was cheaper for the company if they offed themselves rather than keep running the exhorbitant horsepistol and doktor bills for the duration.
-- "Just think of the tragedy of teaching children not to doubt." -- Clarence Darrow
policy that would pay off in the case

I can't testify to that but suicide is and illegal act... ;~)

*Attempted* suicide is an illegal act, but I don't believe suicide is. ;-)

*Attempted* suicide is an illegal act, but I don't believe suicide is. ;-)
It is part of the procees. You have to attempt to accomplish. LOL