O/T: One Of Life's Lessons

I was about 13-14 and feeling my oats and expressing my vocabulary of profanity, especially using the word "Shit".

Finally Mom had enough.

"Son", she said, "you seem to be quite an expert on shit."

"Let ask you a question."

"When you look at chicken shit, you see white stuff and brown stuff."

"What is the brown stuff?"

I stood there looking stupid for maybe a minute or two.

Finally Mom let me off the hook and said, "Son, the brown stuff is also chicken shit."

I wanted to slither away and hide under a rock.

It was one of those life lessons you learn from Mom.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

What was the next lesson? A tin of Shinola?

nb

Reply to
notbob

My life lesson.....

I was about 12 and living on a farm. I was growing tired of chores everyday and really wanted to go to a friends house. I told my grandfather that I wasn't going to do my chores.

He said "Fine, you don't have to but I want you to explain to the cows why they aren't getting fed tonight and why they are sleeping in a dirty stall."

I never did my chores as fast as I did that night.

Allen

Reply to
allen476

We lived in a mountain town. Kids all wore hiking boots or snow boots. One day our 10 year old heard the saying about Shineola. (Iam sure you all know the saying) He said what is Shinola. He never had a shoe that needed polish. ww

Reply to
WW

You had bloody luxury, we lived way out of town and had to walk everywhere

Bloody luxury again, we never even heard of shoes, let alone snow or hiking boots

Sound familiar to me , my brothers and sisters we never had shoes either

Reply to
George W Frost