O/T: OLd Farts

Page 4 of 4

Ask and ye shall receive.
The Fuckometer(tm) stands at the lowest at about minus 3000. If it was indicating zero, it would be indictating indifference. Any position above zero would indicate maybe..just maybe that I gave a fuck...which, by the reading of the published result, I don't.
Robatoy said:

OK - I got it. I didn't notice the non-linear, edited face which went below zero in my cursory exam.
There is a moral to this which I will add to my list:
Don't drink and drive unless it is in your own cow pasture. Never trust a lawyer or the subsequent politician. The woman is always right - even when she's wrong. (At least if you expect to get laid regularly.) Never drink preprocessed beer. And finally, Don't Usenet while Norming.
Greg G.

Actually, it is reading minus 3000 (-3000) Which, by my standards, means I couldn't possibly give less of a fuck.
Da Meta don't go Lowa
It is in 'negative fuck-giving-' mode.
Chandler (from Friends) would have said: "could *I* possibly give less of a fuck?"

It's only puzzling for people who think "I could care less" is an effective expression of their indifference. If one recognizes that the only proper such expression is "I couldn't care less" than the Fuckometer is perfeclty understandable.
I only asked Rob to modify it so I could use my own pet phrase which posits that the instrument has yet to be devised which could measure my indifference. In other words, I couldn't care less.
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Hence, there is no number where the pointer 'hits the pin'. I could have marked the pin with a -5000 mark, but that could have given ammunition to those who proclaim to give even less of a fuck than that. This way, all we have is the minimal fuck-giving background radiation.... at which point you simply could NOT care less.
Yeah, and the Wikipedia is the Gold Standard for research.
And Fox News is not an oxymoron.
...who the hell died and left Snopes.com in charge?
On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 23:15:58 -0800, "DGDevin"

Regards,
Tom Watson
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 /
Tom Watson said:

LOL. I was wondering that very thing earlier this morning. Al Gore, of course. Oh, wait - he's not dead...
Greg G.
Greg G. wrote:

If he was a reanimated corpse it would explain much.
--John

Dunno. But you've got to admit, they do a better job at lower cost than any adminstration in history.
On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 14:39:57 -0800 (PST), Charlie Self

Provenance v. Providence?
:-)
Regards,
Tom Watson
tjwatson1ATcomcastDOTnet (real email)
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 /
Fri, Jan 11, 2008, 11:11pm (EST-3) snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net (LewHodgett) doth claimeth: Old but still funny. +++++++++++++++++++++ Don't mess with the older generation!! HOW TO CALL THE POLICE WHEN YOU'RE OLD AND DON'T MOVE FAST ANYMORE. <snip>
I've got a different method. Dog Barks. I jack a round in the chamber. I look out the door. I carry a cel phone in my pocket, but it'd be just as easy to have the neighbors call it in, shots fired. LMAO Hmm, I've got hat new 12 ga pump, and never fired it yet.
JOAT 10 Out Of 10 Terrorists Prefer Hillary For President - Bumper Sticker I don't have a problem with a woman president - just not Hillary.