O/T: Office Depot

From one of my sailing lists.

It's a jungle out there.

Lew

I went to Office Depot to get my huge VA medical record copied. The record is almost two reams of paper! I JOKED WITH THE COPY WOMAN AND SAID, "DO YOU CHARGE BY THE POUND FOR COPYING?" AND CHUCKLED. I left it with the copy lady and went shopping. Upon my return, I learned that she had shredded it and not copied it. She focused on the word "pound" and they charge for shredding by the pound! I threw a fit!

BUT, I HAD JOKED IN THE MIDDLE OF A BUSINESS TRANSACTION AND USED UNNECESSARY WORDS. I did this with someone who was not the brightest bulb in the pack and I paid for it. I left my purchases and walked out after telling the assistant manager that there was nothing that they could do to help. So I had talked a good game with Mr. Flying Pig, and then gone out and done the opposite.

(Mr. Flying Pig is another sailor)

The nice lady at the VA was most understanding (after she recovered from being stunned) and agreed to print another copy. Although they are 140 miles away, I have to go there Monday for an appointment and I will pick up the document after the consult.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. I will try to use simple declarative sentences in future.

Ron Rogers

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

My dad does that all the time, he is 87. He always adds a story or something not pertinent when conducting business with some one and more often than not they get screwed up.

Reply to
Leon

My first reaction, had it been me, would have been to fuss like the second monkey on Noah's gangplank. Then I thought about it.

I believe I would have been too stunned to respond. Probably had an episode right there and, without my medical records, the EMTs would have been hard-pressed to resuscitate me.

Don't let it rest. Send a letter to Office Depot senior management AND to their legal department. Complain to the Comptroller of the Currency, the Rat Abatement office, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, the FAA, your congressman, and anybody and everybody else you can find. Have them called up before congressional committees, the Grand Jury, and the Yak Fat Tariff board.

Did you at least retrieve the shavings? Hire someone to put it all back together. Sue Office Depot for the expense.

Reply to
HeyBub

Signed Ron Rodgers.... I think it was some one else's story.

Reply to
Leon

"HeyBub" wrote Don't let it rest. Send a letter to Office Depot senior management AND to their legal department. Complain to the Comptroller of the Currency, the Rat Abatement office, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, the FAA, your congressman, and anybody and everybody else you can find. Have them called up before congressional committees, the Grand Jury, and the Yak Fat Tariff board.

Did you at least retrieve the shavings? Hire someone to put it all back together. Sue Office Depot for the expense.

Reply to
Kate

Along this line of a clerk in a store making a mistake, if the person seems to be a decent, hard-working person, I tend to cover for them. It means nothing to me to "be wrong," and if it helps some kid, that makes it great. For instance, Mrs. Nonny and I went to a movie last week and the young person on the ticket counter dispensed 3 tickets to us, rather than the two I requested, including charging my card for the 3. I told him that I'd only wanted 2 and he needed to get the manager involved in crediting my CC back for the 3 tickets he'd dispensed and then recharging it for the proper 2.

The manager was apparently on her lunch break, since she appeared carrying a sandwich. She wasn't rude to anybody, but it was obvious she was irked that she'd been called away from her lunch to approve a refund. The kid looked flustered, so I told her that I'd requested 3, but that one of the "group" had departed and apparently the clerk hadn't heard me drop back to just two tickets. When she departed, the kid thanked me for the explanation to his boss.

It was no skin off my nose, and perhaps the kid will do someone else a favor someday to pass it along.

Reply to
Nonny

Sparky

Reply to
sparky01

On Sat, 3 Apr 2010 07:29:56 -0500, the infamous "Kate" scrawled the following:

That it is. But who's Sue Office Depot? Do you know her, Kate?

-- It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. -- Charles Darwin

Reply to
Larry Jaques

################### Sorta like the following sent by a friend =

A young ensign is working late at the Pentagon one evening. As he clocks out of his office at about 8 P.M. he sees the Admiral standing by the classified document shredder in the hallway, a piece of paper in his hand.

"Do you know how to work this thing?" the Admiral asks. "My secretary's gone home and I don't know how to run it.

"Yes, sir," says the young ensign, who turns on the machine, takes the paper from the Admiral, and feeds it in.

"Thanks," says the Admiral, "I just need one copy..." ###################

Reply to
papadoo1