O/T: NBA FInals

Cleveland? Surely LBJ was from west Texas.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Bullfighting is not a sport.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Pole Dancing.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Used to shoot darts in a couple places where you had to walk between the shooter and the board to het to the john. Made the game a tad more interesting. 601 doubles.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

LeBron James, and I don't know how I know that.

Reply to
willshak

Ahh.. I didn't realize it was ethnic.

Reply to
Bill

Boxing causes Parkinsons?

Reply to
Robatoy

If there *is* a sport, it is bullfighting.

Reply to
Robatoy

Lobby Dosser wrote the following:

LOL. Darts is a gentleman's sport, and besides aim, requires math skills. I suppose it has happened, but I have never heard of a fight in a bar where people were throwing darts at each other, unlike billiards where the cue stick becomes a weapon.

Reply to
willshak

I'm sure glad I didn't have a mouthful of tea when I read that. Two points, fer sher.

-- The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools. --Herbert Spencer

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Different environment.

Didn't say the _only_ model; just that for the bulk of large public uni's success in intercollegiate athletics generally reflects back into more support and success in the academic programs as well...

Reply to
dpb

And Rollerball, can't forget that.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

According to their current athletics web site, they have varsity teams in 17 men's sports and 15 women's sports. These include all the "biggies", although definitely not at the top level of competition.

Reply to
alexy

Being a loyal EastCoaster, Angela likes to check out movies with Ellen Page in them. One such movie we viewed (Netflix) was her doing rollerball. HotDAMN that Ellen is cute. I was going to ask Ang if I could get Ellen to come home with me, promised to walk her and feed her, if I could keep her, but instead I decided I don't mind the way my face looks in this condition.

Reply to
Angela Sekeris

I HAVE to learn to check who used this laptop last...*slaps self*

Reply to
Robatoy

Have you still not followed my advice, and put a different background picture up for each account? It seems so easy....

Reply to
FrozenNorth

e:

Doesn't work so well when the window is full screen. . . But your suggestion has helped tons.

Reply to
Robatoy

Ok, let's call it user error then :-) My wife and I don't have the problem, we each have our own computers, then there are the other couple of computers floating around on the network....

Reply to
FrozenNorth

And don't forget the balls. Particularly when employed in a purpose brought sock. Though, most of the pool table fights I've seen occurred in places such as a tavern where the pool table was secondary to the business. Never saw a fight in a Pool Room/Billiards Parlor. Perhaps darts being a League sport makes the difference in the taverns. In the US we don't seem to have casual players or Fast Eddies shooting darts.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Boxing causes Parkinsons?

Quite possibly.