O/T: NBA FInals

Page 3 of 4
-MIKE- wrote:

I failed to hide my lack of enthusiasm, did I? I hinted in two earlier posts in this thread that (1) I can appreciate excellence in just about any sport, I think (I'm not so sure about bull-fighting) and (2) I agree with the poster who thinks we are a little "over the top" about our sports in the US. I even enjoy baseball a bit, but whoever is pushing each team to play 160+ games per season--I hope don't they are not doing it on my account! ; )
Bill

Bullfighting is not a sport.

If there *is* a sport, it is bullfighting.
On 6/10/11 9:38 PM, Robatoy wrote:

And Rollerball, can't forget that.
--
Froz...

Page in them. One such movie we viewed (Netflix) was her doing rollerball. HotDAMN that Ellen is cute. I was going to ask Ang if I could get Ellen to come home with me, promised to walk her and feed her, if I could keep her, but instead I decided I don't mind the way my face looks in this condition.

I HAVE to learn to check who used this laptop last...*slaps self*
On 6/11/11 12:54 PM, Robatoy wrote:

Have you still not followed my advice, and put a different background picture up for each account? It seems so easy....
--
Froz...

Doesn't work so well when the window is full screen. . . But your suggestion has helped tons.
On 6/11/11 6:30 PM, Robatoy wrote:

Ok, let's call it user error then :-) My wife and I don't have the problem, we each have our own computers, then there are the other couple of computers floating around on the network....
--
Froz...

If there *is* a sport, it is bullfighting.
Yeah, sure is Sporting. Just like Dog Fighting and Bull Baiting. And let's not forget Fox Hunting. Bull fighting is about as sporting as a slaughter house.

On 6/11/2011 7:40 PM, Lobby Dosser wrote:

I'll never forget the first (and only) _real_ bullfight I ever saw, in Nuevo Laredo, TX. The sheer magnificence of that animal when it entered the arena, only to be dragged out by its heels, lifeless, was, for me an extremely unsettling experience.
It's hard put into words, but the machinations to reduce that animal physically to a level for the matador to be on more or less equal terms with it, were abominations. AMMOF and IMO, a culture that revels in that type of behavior is doomed, yet we embrace them in the guise of "diversity".
This was despite being raised on a farm, where the killing of rabbits, chicken, ducks, feed lot calves, etc., for our own consumption was a weekly occurrence, and I, as on the only male sibling at the time, was the designated executioner.
It's the eyes of the animals that finally got to me in this regard, even as a previous avid hunter ... as I've gotten older, extinguishing the 'light of life' in the eyes of a living creature is personally not something I continue regard as "sport".
Don't get me wrong ... I'll take all the game meat you want to load me down with and use it well, but I'd simply rather not personally kill another living creature as long as I live.
I've done more than my share, and I'm done with it ...
YMMV ...
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

Takes a man to acknowledge this point in his life.
I was 50 yards from a doe with my 303 had her dead nuts in my sights. Couldn't do it. My guy to my right did kill her with a merciful shot. An avid hunter and guide, he had some emotions about that too, the magnificence and scenery was just too damned beautiful to go unnoticed.
I did help with the skinning and draining and later cooking up a lot of that meat, but I did find my own limitations. I still agree with taking an animal for food, but 'sport'?
On 6/12/2011 1:29 PM, Robatoy wrote:

It's not that I didn't like to hunt:
https://picasaweb.google.com/karlcaillouet/MexicoWhiteWingDoveHuntSept1981?authkey=Gv1sRgCOGapbueiLe45QE
Then again, like every good coonass, I was _always_ looking beyond, to the cooking part ... :)
AAMOF, you ever need any game cleaned for an "in kind" consideration, you know where to ask. :)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

Jeezoos, that bunch looks like they could invade a small country. <G>
On 6/12/2011 4:59 PM, Robatoy wrote:

We did. Don't think you could get away with that in Coahuila or Nueva Leon these days ... we did this about four or five years in a row during the high rolling days of the late 70's, early 80's. And that was nothing, you shoulda seen what we did in Vail and Aspen, in pursuit of different game. ;)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

On 6/12/2011 3:18 PM, Swingman wrote:

https://picasaweb.google.com/karlcaillouet/MexicoWhiteWingDoveHuntSept1981?authkey=Gv1sRgCOGapbueiLe45QE
Looking at pic #5 and trying to picture your bird dog, Pandy Bell eagerly but patiently waiting to retrieve the bounty. ;~)
Times change don't they?

I guess the Heat proved you can't buy a championship, eh?
"Robatoy" wrote:

Before the series began, the guy who does the sports for the local ABC-TV station predicted that Dallas would win in 6 games.
Guess when it came to "crunch time", Miami didn't have it.
Lew
On 6/12/2011 9:45 PM, Robatoy wrote:

White boys can jump!