O/T: Music

As an addendum to a recent thread on music.
Tonight was one of those nights.
Needed to test out the sound system of the new puter, so blew the dust off a box of CDs and found some Patsy Cline.
I had forgotten just how sweet the sound.
Too bad we lost her so early.
Like all good C/W, her stuff has all the necessary components of every good shit kickin tune ever written.
Infidelity, drunkenness, etc.
Have closed up a few places after listening to that kind of music all night, but that was then, not now.
Tonight was a night to be onboard, the music was the stuff you listen to when the the breeze is warm, the jib is taut, the waves are gently slapping against the hull under pitch black skies dotted by twinkling stars.
Add some cold little greenies and you are half ways to heaven's door.
The dreams never die, only the dreamers.
Lew
Add pictures here
✖
Patsy Cline was magnificent! I dig out her music every once and a while. What awesome talent. She did the music just exactly right for each song. I listen to the new young singers try to do her stuff, but the quality is just not there. Sad she was such a short timer.
Add pictures here
✖
On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 18:26:32 -0600, "none of the above"

This non-fan of country music sez'...
"She certainly was!" Amazing!
Add pictures here
✖
On Mar 29, 7:52 pm, "Valued Corporate #120,345 Employee (B A R R Y)"

I worked a gig one time where Bev d'Angelo, BJ Cook and Ronnie Hawkins were recording some TV content. Bev broke into Willie Nelson's Crazy and morphed into Patsy in front of our eyes... that was some scary and amazing. What a great song.
Add pictures here
✖