O/T: More Political Observations-Updated

Couple of weeks ago (2009/05/11), posted the following: ==========================See where Cheney made an appearance on CBS', "Face The Nation" this morning which begs the question, Why?
Can't believe CBS is that hard up for guests to appear on Face The Nation.
Money maybe, especially with Sumner Redstone as owner, but even that seems to be a stretch. ================================== What was not included in the above was Cheney's attack on C. Powell.
This morning was Powell's turn on Face The Nation.
When asked about Cheney's attack, Powell commented, "Mr Cheney was misinformed".
Pretty well describes Cheney's time as VP.
Maybe this will also quash his attempts to get a book deal, (We can only hope) which is probably what all his shenanigans have been all about in the first place.
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

News organizations LOVE a political fight and will do whatever it takes to incite or prolong one.

I doubt a book deal, for a couple of reasons:
1. Presidents and Vice Presidents traditionally do not write about their tenure. 2. Cheney doesn't need the money. His wife makes plenty writing children's books. Besides, what is there to spend it on in Montana (except stockpiling ammunition, of course). He could, however, be gathering chestnuts to enable a run for the presidency.

New troll motor?
LD wrote:

Nah, I expect Cheney's antics have but one motive: Put the Democrats in the fetal position. When the Democrats (or anyone else) get hysterical, they make mistakes. Here's how the recent kerfuffle played out:
Cheney announces he's going to give a speech on terrorism, etc. Democrats hop up and down, get frantic, shed their skin, and move Obama's speech on the same subject to the same day as Cheney's. They forgot rule #7 of professional politics:
7. When an adversary says something bad about you, there are three, and only three, things you can do about it:
A. Ignore it. B. Confirm it. C. Deny it.
(In some environments, there's a fourth option: D. Shoot the adversary.)
Had the Obama folks chosen option "A", the whole issue would have disappeared in a day or two. By choosing a combination of "B" and "C", the Obama administration may have felt great satisfaction in their righteous indignation, but they put legs under the issue. They let their pride and hubris overrule their political savvy.
But the president's advisors are quick learners; I don't expect them to fall for more tar-baby invitations.
Pelosi, however, is a different matter: "Madam Speaker, what other administration agencies do you feel lied to you and the Congress? And I have a follow up question about you beating your husband..."

A. Ignore it. B. Confirm it. C. Deny it.
I pick A
Robatoy wrote:

With the exception of Faux news, it's already long gone.     mahalo,     jo4hn
jo4hn wrote:

I agree the story doesn't show up on the Disney channel or Us Magazine (the magazine for the pre-literate). But the story IS out there. Here are some main-stream stories from just today (there are probably more, but I got tired of looking):
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/white-house-watch/quick-takes-72.html
http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/05/26/politics/politicalhotsheet/entry5040613.shtml
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/white-house-watch/torture/on-photographs.html
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/discussion/2009/05/22/DI2009052202646.html
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/discussion/2009/05/22/DI2009052202646.html
There are dozens more from 2nd tier news organizations and even more from dicey web sites.
In addition, the first page of a Google search yields ELEVEN hits from the Daily Kos and FOUR from the Huffington Post. Seems as if the left is trying to keep the story alive as well.