O/T: More Political Observations

Page 3 of 3
Robatoy wrote:

I know what you mean. Some predicted that the Republicans would remain in power for 50 years after 1994. It didn't take long for that prediction to fall flat.
Then there's Jane's Law. The party in power is arrogant; the party out of power is insane.
Someone should tell the Democrats that they won.
HeyBub wrote:

I just want enough Rs in office to reestablish full gridlock - the perfect political condition. Then I pretty much don't care what any of them say or do.
Tim Daneliuk wrote:

One of the laws found in the book "The House of God" is: "The best medicine is to do as much nothing as possible."
That probably applies to governing. The quest for nothingness is often a prudent goal.
As an aside, I saw this woman's posting on a match-making service:
Hobbies: "Reading and not getting beaten. I spend most of my spare time pursuing these two activities."
Mark & Juanita wrote:

You're kidding, right? Robocop has likely already been registered to vote by ACORN, many, many times.
--
Jack
Vote Democrat, and vote often...

I feel the same way every time I see Jimmy Carter on TV.

Carter has two redeeming characteristics which include involvement in Habitat For Humanity and he's a woodworker. Cheney is just a lousy shot. (And a war criminal.)

Carter has two redeeming characteristics which include involvement in Habitat For Humanity and he's a woodworker.
Both of which do not require him to be on TV!
Cheney is just a lousy shot. (And a war criminal.)
He did shoot a lawyer didn't he. ;~)
Leon wrote:

Heh! I was sitting in the aisle row of an airplane when the serving cart came by. I glanced up and saw Carter's face on the side of a milk carton. I looked back down and thought: "Bout time that SOB went missing!" before it dawned on me "That can't be right."
I looked again.
His face was some sort of "President's series" for kid-sized milk containers.
Drat.