O/T: More Political Observations

Page 2 of 3

You don't know how happy it makes me that I live in Canada.
But I do believe you guys are going to be okay. You'll lick your wounds for a while after that ass-whoopin the Repugs got, they might rebuild after 20 or so years.... assuming they see the error of their ways. Right-wing fanatics give us conservatives a bad name.
Robatoy wrote:

A great many of us share that happiness.

At current pace, the only 20 year future for this nation is to be an economic, political, and military also-ran filled with grubby little adults acting like needy children. When this happens, the rest of the Anglosphere will suffer spectacularly. Enjoy your run away inflation and staggering debt - it's not just a U.S. thing.

You are not remotely a conservative. I know quite a few of them (and disagree with them regularly). But no real "conservative" could possibly be as adoring of His Holiness Pope Obama I as you've been...

We're going to end up as Cuba's 15th Province if Obama keeps borrowing at his current rate.

By definition, a conservative does not need to be a bible-thumping thieving nut-bar.

Cite, please. At best I applauded his election to be a nice change from the *shudder* alternative like a dead McCain and Palin. Your version of conservatism seems to include the fox guarding the hen- house and look what happened.
Robatoy wrote:

At least McCain and Palin had boatloads of experience at governance. Obama, however, is a quick study. He's already learned that many of the promises he made during the campaign just won't work and can't be made to work. Gays in the military, closing Guantanamo, detainees to civil courts on U.S. soil, abolition of military commissions, rapid withdrawal from Iraq, and more.
It seems as if he's putting the good of the country ahead of the insistence of his loud, but small, supporters. Good for him.
He's still got a ways to go, though - for example this yo-yo that he put in charge of the White House Military Office that authorized the Air Farce One photo op. This almost inexperienced civilian replaced a three-star admiral. In this regard, Obama shows echos of the Clinton's who replaced the career officers in the White House Telegraph & Travel Office with political supporters.
But, as I said, he's a quick learner. I have hopes. Of course HOPE is not a strategy, but, right now, it's the best we can do.
HeyBub wrote:

Are you kidding me? He's a Chicago politician. Everything he does is political. Wait till he makes his choice for Supreme Court before you hope for to much. Oh what about the release of the CIA memos? Why won't he release the other top secrete memos about what was accomplished. I'm getting sick of seeing his face on TV constantly campaigning. Like someone said, you one the election stop already.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

Release of the other memos doesn't matter.
The end _never_ justifies the screams, under any circumstances. Period.
scott

The fear was a DEAD McCain and then Palin in the wheelhouse.
You feel better now ? Martin
Robatoy wrote:

That explains a lot.
I make it a point not to argue politics with people who are so forgetful of the fact that they'd be arrogant and condescending in a German accent if it weren't for their neighbors to the south. :-)
--

-MIKE-

Here's one of our southern neighbours..LOL
http://gawker.com/5252723/glenn-beck-says-acorn-ninjas-are-trying-to-kill-him
-MIKE- wrote:

Mike, robotoy works for acorn in canada. He's not worth the effort. I doubt he's got a real job, he's on here all day.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

You must not be very observant. He has a real job. Just look at his email addy.
His real job is installing fake counter tops.And I am sure he is often paid in plastic money.
Now, what could be more real than that?!
On May 13, 11:55pm, "Lee Michaels"

HEY!! You forgot to mention that I also fabricate those countertops. With glue and stuff. Tape. Nails.

Let's see now. You posted 177 times in April and part May. -Mike- posted 184 times in the same period. *I* posted 235 times. That means I posted ONE post more per day than - Mike- in the same period. about the same as evodawg.
With a hard working staff of, now 4, I do get to have a coffee, in my private office. Sometimes I visit the wreck during that time.
So what's your point, asshole?
Somebody wrote:

You obviously are not aware of the basics of a successful business.
OPM & OPT
OPM, AKA: Other people's money
OPT, AKA: Other people's time
Lew
evodawg wrote:

Hmm. From personal experience off-net:
He owns his own profitable business with a decent repeat customer rate, manages to provide employment for a number of other folks that he pays in full and on-time, and his given word (with or without a handshake) is good as gold.
Methinks you told much more about /yourself/ than you meant.
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Robatoy wrote:

I believe the Messiah will run this country so far into the ground and weaken us to the point that the vast majority will pray to have a true Conservative back in the White House. Not a fake one like McCain. Also this will probably happen within the next 4 years. The Messiah is another Jimmy Carter, a one term flop. And you Canadians can kiss my ass. Soon you'll have no Hockey Teams worth a rats ass, oh wait a minute you haven't had any since 1993. That's really really sad! NOT!
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"

Mmm... where oh where do all those fine players come from? Oh wait.. all born and raised in Detroit...."Hockey Town"...LOL
Look at the usual suspects...LOL..sore losers..
I think I will refer to you guys as Cheneyites.
On Wed, 13 May 2009 06:30:51 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy
"Chene, chene, chene Chene of fools..."
(sorry, aretha)
Regards,