O/T: More Political Observations

Page 1 of 3
See where Cheney made an appearance on CBS', "Face The Nation" this morning which begs the question, Why?
Can't believe CBS is that hard up for guests to appear on Face The Nation.
Money maybe, especially with Sumner Redstone as owner, but even that seems to be a stretch,
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

I guess they had planned to have Dan Rather on for Old Home Week, but he was not available as he was quite busy forging documents ...
Tim Daneliuk wrote:

Oh, did good old Dan get a job with ACORN?
--
Jack
Go Penns!

Yes, Money. People Will watch. Viewers = Dollars.

I loved his preference for Limbaugh as the voice of the Republican party over Colin Powell.
That kind of thinking is going to keep the Republicans in the 20% range for years and years.
On Mon, 11 May 2009 03:31:52 -0700, Charlie Self wrote:

You mean Limbaugh and Cheney are really two different people?

Yeah, funny that, isn't it? He prefers someone who actually voted for the Republicans in the last election rather than someone who voted for the Democrat candidate. That someone who voted for the democrat by the way got exactly the candidate that he wanted for the Republican candidacy, John McCain. Yet he chose to publicly endorse and vote for the democrat. I just can't imagine why Cheney would prefer Limbaugh over someone like that. It just doesn't make any sense.

You mean... like... vote for Charles Manson because he's a republican? Not because he is Charles Manson, but because he's republican. Don't matter the size of the criminal, he's republican, so he's a better choice. What kind of irrational bullshit is that? Oh, wait.. it's Cheney we're talking about... nice fella..
"Robatoy" wrote
Oh, wait.. it's Cheney we're talking about... nice fella.. ============================= Did you hear the joke Obama told about Cheney at the recent journalists dinner?
Dick Cheney has just written a book. It is called, How to Shoot Friends and Influence Enemies.
It got a laugh.
On May 12, 10:53am, "Lee Michaels"

Actually, it was called : 'How to shoot friends and interrogate people'... even funnier, IMHO.... although torture is so repulsive to me that it really isn't funny.
The only torture that can be even slightly allowed, is the distribution of Celine Dijon CD's.
Robatoy wrote:

Well the mustard came off the hot dog that time.     ;-)
Robatoy wrote:

Water Boarding isn't torture, according to Nancy Polosi. She signed off on it and now wants to take it back. If you want to call it torture fine but it worked, you can't deny that! Your opinion doesn't convince me of anything except that you would not be willing do to anything to save one of your kids, if you knew they were in extreme danger and you had one of the persons involved in custody. I'd do everything in my power including torture and death to get them back alive. That's the difference of a realist and emotionalism. Evil exists whether you like it or not.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"
evodawg wrote:

have ever read. Take that you realists.
On Tue, 12 May 2009 07:48:31 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

Very strange. I didn't see that in "Mark & Juanita"'s post at all. Maybe that's because I read and understood the part about getting exactly the republican candidate wanted and voting democrat anyway".
Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA
An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. Robert A. Heinlein

needs.
On Tue, 12 May 2009 19:09:14 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

Thanks for enlightening me. I wasn't aware I was trying to help Mark.
Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA
An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. Robert A. Heinlein
Tom Veatch wrote:

Yet somehow, we are the irrational ones. Go figure

Robatoy wrote:

So, you are equating John McCain to Charles Manson? If so, why was that the person that Colin Powell was so eager to have on the Republican ballot?

I don't know, you wrote the only irrational BS in this posting, why don't you explain what exactly you meant?

Hmm, seems you have a bit of reading comprehension problem. 1. Cheney was asked who he thought better representative of the opinions of the Republican party, Rush or Powell 2. Rush endorsed the Republican candidate, even though Limbaugh saw in McCain a very flawed candidate 3. Powell, despite endorsing McCain as the best pick during the primaries decided to publically endorse and vote for the Democrat candidate -- a person whose background and positions are completely antithetical to Republican ideals 4. Powell has now deigned to tell the Republican party what it must do to win in the future. 5. That advice sounds amusingly like the same advice he provided during the Republican primaries -- i.e., he wants more candidates exactly like the one with whom he was presented during the last election. The candidate that he spurned in the general election 6. Cheney for some reason thinks that Powell's advice might not be given with the best of intentions 7. Given Powell's recent behavior, Cheney's position seems logical and well thought out
Yet somehow my comment was irrational?
You don't know how happy it makes me that you live in Canada and can't join the ranks of the average Obama voter

Mark & Juanita wrote:

At the current rate of Constitutional demolition being practices by The One (PBUH), the Canadians may yet well be able to vote in U.S. elections. After all, a good many Mexican nationals are already doing so ...
Tim Daneliuk wrote:

You've got a point there. ;-)