O/T: More Chutzpah

Enjoy
Lew ----------------------------------------- From the book titled, Growing Up a Jewish Princess.
The first paragraph described the problem.
Seems the girl came home and proudly told her mother that she had made a 98 on the math exam.
Mother's response was "And who got the hundred?"

--------
"Moshe...zip up your jacket..your mother is getting cold..."

My daughter came home one day with a 100 on an exam. She was so proud of herself. I looked at it and said, "A hundred ??? Is that all ?? What did you do?? Spell your name wrong?? "
I then told everyone I knew that she had come home with a lousy 100 test score. I don't know what's wrong with kids today, they don't apply themselves anymore.
My wife wouldn't let me ground her.
P :)

IMHO, funny it isn't.
Lew

jc
On 12/16/2009 5:52 PM Joe spake thus:

It sounds like Martian irony. Or perhaps Venutian.
--
I am a Canadian who was born and raised in The Netherlands. I live on
Planet Earth on a spot of land called Canada. We have noisy neighbours.

Must be a Canadian thing. I've done the same, and both my daughter and I found it quite funny.
On Wed, 16 Dec 2009 20:16:50 -0600, Dave Balderstone

You must be a Canadian at heart. And it was funny. It's called left handed bragging.
My brother in law was sitting in a bull session at lunch on day, listening to the gearheads talking of classic cars. He jumped with " Oh yeah, well my brother in law has a 50 plymouth in mint condition and he says I can have it anytime I want. I just don't know if I want it."
Left handed bragging struck again

Well, I grew up in and around Winnipeg and currently live in Saskatoon...
On Dec 16, 6:40pm, snipped-for-privacy@mts.net wrote:

I totally got the humour in that.