O/T: Knee Jerk

Page 7 of 8

(all the bullshit snipped)
As usual, you don't bother to reply to the question at hand and launch into some unrelated rhetoric. Just between you and me, did you or did you not start with the accusations and recriminations.
Answer the question dweeb.

So ... the basic problem with keeping "OT:" in the subject line ... was ... what, again?
Thanks.
Upscale wrote:

Your question has a lie as a premise - it cannot be answered by a rational person.

> Tim Daneliuk =A0 =A0 snipped-for-privacy@tundraware.com
> PGP Key: =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0http://www.tundraware.com/PGP /
Robatoy wrote:

I guess not being able to enrage me diminishes your energy considerably. Good! BTW, I found you some help:
http://imgur.com/8Jur5.png

Thanks for the link. I'll waste no time clicking on it. I suppose there is a possibility that it is funny, as you have demonstrated in the past that somehere, deep-down, amongst the rubble of misguided insanity, there lies a sense of humour.
Robatoy wrote:

I feel left out. Sniff.

Call it special consideration. Two friends of mine are/were cops. One made it to Deputy Chief here in Sarnia. Photographed Angela's and my wedding, after all he had shot some crime scenes before... He's retired now. The other works financial crimes for the OPP. Very interesting thing he's got there.

Bullshit! You throw personal insults all the time and try to hide them under the protection of a 'no profanity' cloud.
As time goes on you sink deeper and deeper into a lying, deceptive shroud in a feeble attempt to hide your deficiencies.
Upscale wrote:

QED
RE: Tim Daneliuk
Reminds me of the advice my mother gave me a long time ago:
"Son, if you are going to mess with chicken shit, you are bound to get some on you."
Even with a kill file, it's tough to keep clean.
Lew
HeyBub wrote:

Horsecrap. My wife and I have employer-provided insurance, but if we left that coverage I'd be one of those "pre-existing condition" cases, in other words, shit out of luck. There was a documentary on PBS not long ago that mentioned the CEO of Kaiser Permanente is in the same boat--uninsurable outside company coverage. Got any facile advice on what people should do when in that situation, any easy slogans?

Where a major illness doesn't raise the specter of bankruptcy, yeah, wouldn't that be terrible.

In their mind, you should just change employers. People like Tim, and Robots like HeyBub (who is too ashamed of his positions to post with his real name) think people are just resources that get slotted in wherever they are needed; whereas most people actually get jobs that they _like_, and resent being reslotted for whatever reason or being treated as interchangable parts in some vast machine.
It's the old Repubs favor the freedom of business to do whatever they want, and Dems favor the freedom of individuals to do whatever they want.
scott
Scott Lurndal wrote:

Some observations:
1. I don't post with my real name because I change it often. The email address is, however, real. If you send a polite request, I'll be pleased to provide the name I'm using this week.
2. "Old Repubs" favor business being able to contract with a willing seller of labor and conditions of work for an agreed on wage.
3. I agree that Dems favor freedom of individuals to do CERTAIN things (smoke dope, marry the same sex, burn the flag, etc.) but they are, by no means, libertarians. For example, most liberals favor a woman using a name other than her real one (which is okay by me inasmuch as she's taking the name of TWO men instead of the traditional one). Oops.
HeyBub wrote:

That must get expensive!
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA
Scott Lurndal wrote:

Nooooow I understand: The rest of us should pay for the kind of healthcare you want so you can work in a place that you like and be free of "resentment". What a marvelous worldview...

what a remarkable strawman. I'm really struggling to see how you can translate what I said into what you said.
Scott Lurndal wrote:

I read what you wrote, no more. You opined that people don't like being slotted becayse it makes them resentful - this in the context of a nationalized healthcare debate. What I said is the logical conclusion of all the above...
Healthcare is no more a right than owning a home, buying a car, or owning a flatscreen TV. Insisting that your neighbors pay for it is no different than forcing them to pay your mortgage. In this case "neighbors" mostly means younger people picking up the tab for older people. The young people mostly don't need insurance but will be forced to do so under any government mandated plan - it's the only way to pickup the tab for the elders that don't want to spend their own money on healthcare. There simply are not enough wealthy people to fleece to pay for it all. Sadly, almost every liberal I know - including the relatively smart ones - cannot or will not do math and thus believes you can legislate magic into existence in the face of all economic reality. Wait until you see every 18 year old having to both sign up for the draft AND buy insurance they don't need. You'll see a level of "resentment" that will curl your hair ...
Tim Daneliuk wrote:

You overlook:
* The Community Redevelopment Act which made it easy for anyone, even those without a job, to own a home. * The "Cash for Clunkers" program to help some to buy a car.
I understand "A TV in Every Pot Act" is being drafted.
Your government at work.
HeyBub wrote:

I'm waiting for a Granite Countertop in every Kitchen Act. And the rip off prices they charge and obscene profits they make for this rock today is pure greed. I'm thinking no more than $5 a square foot would be more reasonable than the $100+ the greedy capitalist pigs charge now.
--
Jack
Got Change: uh uh uh =========> um um um!