O/T: Knee Jerk

Page 6 of 8  
snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Haven't you heard. In the new lexicon of a good many folks here, you are *entitled* to whatever you need, not matter who else gets raided to provide it. What you are suggesting above, sir, would require personal integrity and responsibility and we simply cannot have that. So go back to work - too many people that don't are depending on you ...
--
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tim Daneliuk snipped-for-privacy@tundraware.com
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Tim Daneliuk wrote:

Do you ever address what people actually post, or only fabricate positions they didn't express and attack those instead? You must have a straw-man assembly line set up based on how often you indulge in this sophomoric stunt.
How does requiring insurance companies to play fair qualify as a raid on your pocketbook? How does setting up a pool where individuals can buy insurance at group rates take money from your bank account? And so on, but nooooooooo, you have to leap to some bizarre depiction of citizens forced to line up outside a clinic in a state-run gulag with whip-wielding commissars flailing the moaning masses. Your vivid imagination and libertarian paranoia are at least amusing (in a pathetic sort of way)--but frankly it's the only value you bring to the conversation.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Do you ever read what was posted before you reply? Tim did respond to my post, with agreement.

How does this have anything to do with the issues of the day? ..either here in RW or on the national political stage? Seems you're the one holding up the strawman.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Can't you EVER talk to people without insults and talking 'down' to people?
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Robatoy wrote:

Hey Buttercup, go read the first paragraph of his response to me and get back to me on just who was mean here first.
I have decided to fight fire with fire. This means you and the rest of pottymouths better hunker down - I have a way more interesting vocabulary than you do. Oh ... while it is never intended, a person of reason is always "talking down" to people that express themselves irrationally...
--
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tim Daneliuk snipped-for-privacy@tundraware.com
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Tim Daneliuk wrote:

/me gets out the popcorn, this is going to be good
--
Froz...

Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
On Tue, 22 Sep 2009 16:52:04 -0500, Tim Daneliuk

If you listen closely, you can hear the soft clicking of the steel balls as he rolls them over and over again in his hand...
Regards,
Tom Watson http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1 /
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

I need to watch that movie again. There might be some tips.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
a lot of weak shit.
That's it? A 'mirror' line is fighting fire with fire?
But I do hear "click, click"
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

In actuality, it's always you who has made the first derogatory comments ~ in every discussion whatever the nature. Right from the first time we were discussing universal health care some years before anything 'mean' was said, you decided to come out with the fact that I was evil and a thief for accepting universal health care.
This is the internet. It's all online, even what was said years before. Tell me I'm wrong Tim. Show me where you were attacked first. Tell me you're not a hypocrite of the highest degree.
Castigate me as much as you want, but despite the difficulties I have physically, my memory is excellent.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Upscale wrote:

Two observations:
1. Hypocrisy is not intrinsically bad; 95% of the nation's gynecologists are men.
2. You can't really criticize a progressive for profanity - it's what they do. A recent study of mainstream blogs found that the comments section of liberal blogs contained eighteen times the number of naughty words compared to conservative sites. For example, "Lucianne.com" has virtually zero profanity whereas "dailykos.com" contains a high percentage of "the seven forbidden words."
I suspect, but can't prove, the latter is because liberals argue from an emotional, child-like, ego state rather than a dispassionate, adult position. An emotional argument often involves an anecdotal example whereas an adult discourse usually involves aggregates of a population ("one child becomes Autistic due to measles vaccine" vs. "thousands don't die because they don't contract the disease").
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

are
I've seen that statement before, but for the life of me, I don't see how it relates to being a hypocrite. With some things, I'm extraordinarily dumb. Guess this is one of them.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Upscale wrote:

Point is, it's okay to admonish someone about what they should do even though you, yourself, can't or won't do it. Like teachers.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
[snipped stuff]
I'd rather take a verbal "fuck off" in the face, than a knife in my back Right-Wing-Stein style..
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Robatoy wrote:

Thanks for the enlightenment. I'm sure I'm not the only one sitting on the edge of my chair wondering how you felt about that very thing...
--
Jack
Got Change: The Individual =====> The Collective!
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Robatoy wrote:

But you won't get a "fuck off" from a right-winger. There are two reasons why this won't happen:
1. We don't often use profanity, and 2. As you correctly point out, we have no inhibition against killing our enemies.
When Saul told David to bring back the foreskins of a hundred Phillistines as a bride-price, David got all excited and started figuring how many men he would need to subdue each Phillistine (because he wasn't counting on voluntary compliance) and how long it would take, considering he would have to sharpen his knife between events, and so on, Saul's emissary got all exasperated: "David, David," he said, "You don't understand! Saul want you to KILL the Phillistines, not CONVERT them! Saul doesn't care if you bring back the whole prick!"
We have ways of detecting modern-day Phillistines: Usually it involves the spontaneous declaration of "fuck off."
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Har! Now that's funny!
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
HeyBub wrote:

Fuck all socialists! Where did this "progressive" shit come from anyway? "Progressive" implies moving forward, making things better. This is like 180 opposite of the people being described. Socialist is the correct word, and "progressive" doesn't come close to describing power hungry, anti-individual, anti-freedom, left wing, socialists...

I use expletives to keep in touch with my feminine side and to increase the likelihood those left wing, socialist bastards will comprehend whats being said...
--
Jack
Using FREE News Server: http://www.eternal-september.org /
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Jack Stein wrote:

Well, there's that. To teach, you have to speak in a language that the child understands.
That's why the liberals are going nuts over the "You lie!" shout-out and the Tea Party crowds and the "Help me set up a child-prostitution bordello so I can run for Congress" methodologies. These, they understand.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload
Upscale wrote:

You are either profoundly dumb or lying, I can't tell which. I've repeated explained in small words and simple sentences - that accepting that which you are forced to pay for is no moral foul. Your thievery derives from something different - from the fact that you *support* such a system actively. Somewhere in your country today someone has less money to care for *their* family so that you can refuse to be responsible for yourself and find legitimate ways to care for your own needs. You are the classic moocher that thinks they are more important and deserving of things that don't even belong to you *because your need somehow constitutes a claim on other people*. Rest well knowing that your self-importance is costing other people something tangible and real: The ability to care for their own.

People with immoral worldviews always call shining light on those ideas an "attack" and you're no different. But it's not an attack, it is a simple observation: When you support a system that takes what belongs to other people, you are a thief- or at least you are enabling a system of theft. All of us need help from time to time. Decent people *ask* politely, express gratitude, and - when and if they are able - do the same for others. They do not hire thugs to stick guns in the ears of their neighbors and demand what they want.

I have already said that your primary infirmity demonstrated here is moral not physical. I stand by that. I have no question that your needs are real. I've no problem with you using the system you're compelled to be part of. But you'll recall that all this started because I do not want *my* nation to be subjected to healthcare thuggery and that's when you got your panties in a wad. Moochers love other moochers and the bunch of you won't be happy until everyone lives with the same lowest common denominator that you defend so ardently.
--
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tim Daneliuk snipped-for-privacy@tundraware.com
  Click to see the full signature.
Add pictures here
<% if( /^image/.test(type) ){ %>
<% } %>
<%-name%>
Add image file
Upload

Site Timeline

Related Threads

    HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here. All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.