O/T: Joe The Plumber

Page 1 of 3
Seems Joe the plumber is not really a plumber, but maybe a plumber's helper.
To become a plumber requires a certain amount of time in grade as well as taking and passing the plumber's test to become a licensed plumber.
There will be lots of questions and some advice as follows:
1) Friday is payday. 2) S**t doesn't flow up hill. 3) Don't bite your finger nails. 4) During the winter, never eat the yellow snow.
Lew
<<Seems Joe the plumber is not really a plumber, but maybe a plumber's helper.>>
Isn't "plumber's helper" another name for a toilet plunger?
Lee

_________________________________

I was told that a plumber is an electrician with his brain removed.
In this apprenticeship jurisdiction its
1) Hot left 2) Cold right 3)Shit runs down hill 4)Pay day Friday 5)Boss is an asshole.
Stu electrician
wrote:

I was told that a plumber is an electrician with his brain removed.
Lew Hodgett wrote:

Isn't it amazing how the media has found it necessary to dig into this guy's background in such exquisite detail for merely asking The One a question while they have neglected reporting on the fact that people on Obama's staff have the same issues with tax liens. ... or for that matter reporting on the payoff scandal for a Democrat Florida congressman when 2 years ago they were all over Republican Foley for sending text messages?

That's ducking the question, Mark.
A man comes up, asks a legitimate question, and gets answers, right or wrong. Those are the facts. The real answers to his question might be different and more complicated than the answers he got. I would need an accountant for a busines netting a quarter million bucks per year, no matter under whose (enacted) tax proposals. I would not like it if my taxes went up, but if it is fair, and not too much, it should be OK. And yes, my definition of fair may be different than yours.
Now, why did he ask the question? AFAICT because he wants to buy a business. Then IMNSHO it becomes legitimate to ask how he is going to buy this business, what his qualifications are, and (so far not asked publicly) how he got the dough to buy the business. If that is by not paying his currently due taxes, he should be prosecuted. If he is in the plumbung business without meeting the qualifications, he should at least be investigated. Maybe he is a good example of the American entrepreneur, maybe he is an example of a tax cheat, I don't know. It seems likely that he is ducking regulations.
As always, YMMV, this is usenet.
--
Best regards
Han

Joe is a phony from start to finish, and may have been a plant sent by the McCain Campaign.
From a very conservative leaning reporter:
Joe the Plumber Wurzelbacher related to Charles the Crook Keating. Oops. October 15th, 2008 .
John McCain did great tonight in the debate. But every time John mentioned Joe the Plumber, some of us in the campaign banged our heads against the wall. If Steve Schmidt had any hair left, I hear he would have been pulling it out tonight. He reportedly screamed at Johns debate prep team tonight (out of earshot of reporters, of course). You idiots - hes related to Charles Keating of the Keating Five scandal! They thought they had a real live Joe Six-Pack whos spurned Barack Obamas tax plan. But what they forgot to do was check on Joe Wurzelbachers background.
Turns out that Joe Wurzelbacher from the Toledo event is a close relative of Robert Wurzelbacher of Milford, Ohio. Whos Robert Wurzelbacher? Only Charles Keatings son-in-law and the former senior vice president of American Continental, the parent company of the infamous Lincoln Savings and Loan. The now retired elder Wurzelbacher is also a major contributor to Republican causes giving well over $10,000 in the last few years.
Welcome to life under the Obama rule. Ask a question, get beat over the head with it. It doesn't matter if this guy is a plumber or not, he asked a question. It's none of your business how he can buy a business, for all you know the business owner is financing it so he can retire on the income. Question Obama, get investigated. Oh yea, that's what I want. Lou

It wasn't Obama who put Joe The Plumber (JTP) out front and centre to bolster an anti Obama attack. It wasn't Obama who did the investigation of JTP. It *was*, however, JTP who approached Obama with the question. I wasn't Obama who latched onto JTP as an example of "Joe The Average American."
McCain screwed up, yet again. Old and out of touch. Simply put, one has to be in better shape to run with the young dogs.
On Fri, 17 Oct 2008 04:44:17 -0700, Lou wrote:

Lou, lots of people have asked Obama and McCain questions without being investigated. Nobody would ever have heard of Joe if McCain hadn't made him an issue in the debate, and Obama hadn't responded.

Actually, I heard of Joe in the news before the debates. Wheather you like him or not, or think he is good or bad, it seems awfully unfair of the Obama supporters that call themselves news reporters jumping all over this guy for asking a question. Put me in front of Obama and I'll ask questions that will put him in his place. Lou
Lou wrote:

Jaypers. Go to snopes.com at http://www.snopes.com/ and type in "Joe the Plumber". It took me to a current news page and thence to the New York Times and an article on the subject. Doesn't take much time and for you right wingers, you can remain anonymous.     gronk,     j4

I think it is time that Snopes asks Mc Cain the following questions:
Is it true that you finished 894th out of 899 at the Naval Academy, the absolute bottom of your class?
Is it true that because of your family connections, you were admitted into the flight training program over much more qualified candidates?
Is it true that in flight school, your grades were very poor (according to your instructor)?
Is it true that your first wife, while you were a POW, fought to make sure that you came home and you rewarded this loyalty by divorcing her immediately after your return?

What faults do you have robatoy? Are you a Saint? Don't judge unless you be judged!!! Truman didn't have a degree and only finished his sophomore year in high school and was a great President.

Neither I, nor my peers claim that I am a saint. THAT is the difference which renders your snipe worthless.

Sean Hannity didn't finish high school; look how great HE IS!
Dave in Houston

True. And GWB has an MBA and look how...oops.

True. And GWB has an MBA and look how...oops.
MY COUNTRY RIGHT OR WRONG!!!!

How's that working out for you?

How's that working out for you?
Back in the late sixties/early seventies the right-wing bumper sticker dujour was "AMERICA: LOVE IT OR LEAVE IT!"
Dave in Houston