O/T: It won't go away by itself. (Verrry scary political)

Page 2 of 8
On Tue, 19 May 2009 15:44:26 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

Best wishes to you but LRod snagged a gaudy 300+ and him de current champ of the fishing rodeo.
I'm thinking that a thread about how gay shellac is might have some legs.
Regards,

Just the blonde shellac, Tom. Just the blonde.
--
Kiva - Loans that change lives.
http://www.kiva.org/lender/david87375440

Just to bring this back to the usual political scientology:
If Hillary had been elected, would it have been the Blonde leading The Blonde?
Regards,

Thanks to everyone, up and down in this thread for the good wishes. It was Friday, Saturday, and 1/2 Sunday in the hosptal. Got Dad home late Sunday, he fell flat on his back, tangled up in his walker, and was back in the hospital less than 12 hours later.
Now we are finding he may have fractured vertebrae. He is pushing 83, so no operations. He has cancer, heart disease, and about 1/8 of his lung capacity. He is too fragile to even run some of the tests on him now.
Oddly, the best suggestion the combined brain trust can come up with is to (literally....) "super" glue his fractures together with some kind of epoxy. Other than that, nothing.
So now we wait and see. I have a few more full days at the hospital as they have no advocate or anyone to speak coherently on their behalf. Mom is slowly losing it, and she is at the point where she wandered off in the emergency room a couple of times while we were there waiting for the docs.
Gonna be a long week.
Once again, thanks to all for the good wishes. I will pass them on to him telling it came from "the internet". He will get a charge out of it. He isn't sure what the internet is, but he knows "all the kids are nuts about it" these days and everyone is "on it" but him.
Robert

IIRC, super glue got its start in medicine so it's not too odd.

He's On It NOW!
Best wishes to all. Including You! It's a tough row to hoe.

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Me praying most likely wouldn't do anyone a damn bit of good, but I've asked Mom to remember your folks in her prayers ... she still does a good job of that and is tickled to be asked.
If nothing else, it simply means that ultimately none of us are really alone in these trials, and knowing that, you find can some comfort where you can.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Pass along mine too.
Mark

Dude, all kibbutzing aside, Ang's and my prayers are with you and your family. Ang and I are dealing with this stuff all the time, although we're very fortunate that my parents' physical problems are minimal at the moment, they are both 88 but can things happen very quickly at that stage in their lives.
Grab a bourbon and a cigar and hang on tight.
(small) r
" snipped-for-privacy@aol.com" wrote:

Robert,
My thoughts are with you.
Sounds like my movie was a better version than yours is, but trust me, you will get threw it.
Take care.
Lew

I went through this with Dad two years ago and Mom earlier this year. Take care of yourself first or you won't be any good to anyone else. It ain't easy. My thoughts and feelings are with you and your parents. -- Doug
Robert:
I want to also add my best wishes for you to have strength and endurance in this trying time. It isn't easy to know that there is really little you can do to ease the suffering. My parents were 3000 miles away and were failing one by one. Not sure whether it was easier that it was mostly mental, but it wasn't easy on Dad, and on their kids. I told Dad I was going to be back in 3 weeks, but he passed away 5 days later. I will be always grateful for the fantastic neighbors, who acted as family during my parents' trying times.
Best wishes for Dad and you.
--
Best regards
Han

You are doing the work of a Saint Robert, while probably not immediately rewarded, you are recognized.

My heart goes out to all of you whose parents are being beset by the ravages of old age.
I was very fortunate, my mother made it to 103, physically shot, but mentally very sharp, when she just gave up and accepted the inevitable.
She simply decided it was no longer worth the fight.
She would often comment about how the "younger generation", including nieces and nephews, was falling apart.
Lew
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Best of luck to you and best wishes that this turns out well.

Nope, just going to point out that everybody is going to get to do that if Obamacare is implemented. We'll have to prove that our value to society, adjusted for our age justifies the expense for whatever treatment is being planned. Not even speculation -- it's already in the plans and the stimulus bill -- that little bit about "evaluating cost effective care"
... snip

Mark & Juanita wrote:

Wait until the government guy that prices hammers at $30,000 a pop, and toilet seats at $10,000 gets to decide if you are worth sticking in a $100,000 catheter...
--
Jack
Go Penns!
Jack Stein wrote:

On Tue, 19 May 2009 07:23:40 -0700, the infamous Doug Winterburn

...and ignoring Afghanistan, and flying Allah-knows-where in Air Force One, and giving fund-raising dinners, and oogling Hillary...
--
The only reason I would take up exercising is
so that I could hear heavy breathing again.
Larry Jaques wrote:

Gach! That last one there was a visual I could have done without. Thanks Larry, now I've gotta go find the brain bleach.

Rob Leatham
On Sun, 25 Oct 2009 14:25:47 -0700, the infamous Mark & Juanita

Sprinkle some on the backroom Pelosi while you're at it.
I needed to share to diffuse it from my own brain. Eeeeek!
--
Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes into us at midnight
Larry Jaques wrote:

OK, I don't like him either, but that last accusation is simply cruel ...