O/T: It's MUGGY

Page 2 of 2
snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

Not trying to top you but I remember a year when Hilo, Hawaii got 72" - yes, 72 INCHES - of rain in a week.
--

dadiOH
____________________________
On 7/11/2013 12:20 AM, Bill wrote:

FWIW, it hasn't rained on us (SW KS) in nearly a month and we've had barely 3" for the year...on YTD we're behind even the worst of the dirty-30's...otoh, it has finally this year (as opposed to previous two) rained some in the middle/eastern parts of the state as well as OK/NE...
<http://droughtmonitor.unl.edu/DM_highplains.htm

On 7/12/2013 7:51 AM, dpb wrote:

It is interesting how the weather is cyclic. After a number of years with low rain Fort Wayne Indiana is getting a lot of rain like much of the eastern US.
I found an article in the Reading Eagle dated June 18 1868 (Reading Pennsylvania) about the storms in the Fort Wayne area. It is described as "the most terrible thunder and rain storms that have ever been witnessed."
It goes on to say that one man was killed during the storm. It continues talk about the hundreds of feet of railroad track destroyed and bridges washed out. It talks about many families "washed" out of their homes. It finishes by say the destruction to property is immense and they have no idea of the cost as it has not yet been assessed.
Interesting nearly 100 years later with the use of current phraseology, the story could have be taken from any newspaper today

caused by manmade global warming, and never occurred prior to the Bush2 administration.
</sarcasm>

Tell that to Noah.
Bill wrote:

Must be why the corn is WAY more than knee high and it wasn't even the 4th of July (I was in Indiana end of June).
Lots of foggy mornings too, I remember that as normal.
--

dadiOH
On 7/11/2013 12:15 AM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

Lew Hodgett wrote:

You are welcome to it, Lew. I was in Oregon & Washington the first week of July...it was so dry my legs were itching like crazy, all red and almost raw. I would have been oozing blood if I hadn't kept them lathered with hand lotion.
--

dadiOH