O/T: Houston, You May Have A Problem

Page 2 of 2

MANUFACTURING news. Gotta fill all that time.
Dave in Houston

I'm just hoping for a good soaking across south Texas. It's too late to water the corn but not too late to water the deer.
Dave in Houston

We got some rain starting at around 4:30 this morning in Houston. We need more. Central Texas needs it even more.

Ditto here in NW Houston. If we don't get any more here we're OK. San Antonio and south is real, real dry.
Dave in Houston

You got that right. We have had 6.72" registered for the whole year. Our normal rainfall about this time is around 19".
But what really tells the tale is the fact that from about this time last year to the end of the year we only got another 1.5" or so.
That means in the last 12 months we have had a little over 8" in twelve months. Conditions around here show it, espeically if you were in the area where it rains in the city compared to where it doesn't.
San Antonio is now over 500 square miles area according to our land grabbing city council (gotta get that tax base, you know) and they only collect and measure the water at the airport on the north side of town.
It's a big city. If you are like me (a hobby gardener) you watch the rain closely. I never saw anything like the 6 or so inches in my side of town they said we had this year. At my house (inner city guy) I had a little over 2" so far this year. That's it.
Robert

If actual local weather reports are of any interest, do a Google for "weather bug" and down load it.
Lew
On Wed, 23 Jul 2008 18:47:45 +0000, Lew Hodgett wrote:

Weatherbug has a long and not very good history for also installing adware and (originally) real nasties like Gator.
Many people recommend WeatherWatcher instead. I haven't tried it. yet.
"PCPaul" wrote:

Haven't had any problems, but then again, Spybot, Ad-Ware and deleting all cookies regularly works well for me.
Seems to keep me out of trouble.
Lew
Looks like "Dollie" is going to wreac a little havoc in South Texas.
Looks like Rio Grande valley takes the hit this time.
Lew

Yeah, way down south from here those folks could wind up with a final tally of about 18"+ of rain before the storm finally passes them. Some areas had 12" (around Brownsville) by the 10:00pm (central time) newscast tonight. That's a ton of water for one day...
We are hoping for 1/2" or so now, not much. But we will certainly take what we can get. Further mandatory water restrictions are just days away.
Robert

We've had a few small, but welcome showers here in Houston. AAMOF, I left out walking a little before 5 this morning and got soaking wet the last half mile ... still drying as I type.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/14/08

Looks like another band is coming: http://www.accuweather.com/radar-large.asp?partner=washpost&traveler=0&site=TXS&type=SIR&anim=1&level=state&large=1
Dave in Houston
"Dave in Houston" wrote

Yeah ... had to cancel a 'fill and grade' scheduled for today. That's all it takes for it to rain. ;)
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/14/08
Glen wrote: