O/T: Houston, You May Have A Problem

Or as put by Dr. "Scare'em into a panic" Neil Frank puts it, the storm is turning "right". Idiot!. A compass heading would be more accurate.

Reply to
Leon

Weatherbug has a long and not very good history for also installing adware and (originally) real nasties like Gator.

Many people recommend WeatherWatcher instead. I haven't tried it. yet.

Reply to
PCPaul

Haven't had any problems, but then again, Spybot, Ad-Ware and deleting all cookies regularly works well for me.

Seems to keep me out of trouble.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

"Leon" wrote

That is because they haven't figured out how to politicalize a compass yet.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

Looks like "Dollie" is going to wreac a little havoc in South Texas.

Looks like Rio Grande valley takes the hit this time.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Yeah, way down south from here those folks could wind up with a final tally of about 18"+ of rain before the storm finally passes them. Some areas had 12" (around Brownsville) by the 10:00pm (central time) newscast tonight. That's a ton of water for one day...

We are hoping for 1/2" or so now, not much. But we will certainly take what we can get. Further mandatory water restrictions are just days away.

Robert

Reply to
nailshooter41

We've had a few small, but welcome showers here in Houston. AAMOF, I left out walking a little before 5 this morning and got soaking wet the last half mile ... still drying as I type.

Reply to
Swingman

Looks like another band is coming:

in Houston

Reply to
Dave in Houston

"Dave in Houston" wrote

... had to cancel a 'fill and grade' scheduled for today. That's all it takes for it to rain. ;)

Reply to
Swingman

I wonder if they named it Dolly because of the huge frontal system.

;-) Glen

Reply to
Glen

Sheeeeezz. And I'll bet you're even proud of that one. erk, j4

Reply to
jo4hn

But as of 2PM today, the following update...

Hooboy, surely hope it does pan out...

--

Reply to
dpb

My sister in Olathe would probably be pissed that all her new grassseed would wash away.

Reply to
Robatoy

They're 400 miles away back there and out here we're, frankly, not concerned... :)

It's been quite unusual year up this way -- from US 283 and east they're either wet or drowning; west and we're burning up. We're on the verge of desperate, but right here we've had several local showers just a few miles away haven't so we're in good shape compared to many. Much of Cimarron County, OK, hasn't had an inch or two all year.

Reply to
dpb

Robatoy wrote: ...

There ya' go! 30-40%!!! _NOW_ we're talking! :)

Of course, this year has been one where even the 70-80% numbers haven't panned out for us more often than not... :(

In the "rich get richer" scenario, central and east got rain yet again last night; local summer baseball team is in El Dorado and they got rained out for second night in a row...

Reply to
dpb