O/T: Hey Canucks

Page 2 of 2

Good idea. perhaps some bankers can show the way?
--
Best regards
Han

Excellent idea, where applicable.

Line 'em up against the wall. Somebody will find a way to deal with them sooner or later.
-- To use fear as the friend it is, we must retrain and reprogram ourselves... We must persistently and convincingly tell ourselves that the fear is here--with its gift of energy and heightened awareness--so we can do our best and learn the most in the new situation. Peter McWilliams, Life 101
Actually its a pretty serious problem in Colorado. I like when they light the water on fire from their tap.
According to the industry it's not their problem. The nerve damage and water damage is well documented their.
Kind of like the tobacco industries claim that it doesn't cause cancer. Who you going to believe?
Me ..??? When I see tap water on fire after seeing the fracking nearby ...it's a no brainer. You call it what you want coincidence ... lack of proof. I call it criminal.
On 2/11/2012 3:28 PM, Morgans wrote:

drinking water in fire.
Lew Hodgett wrote:

Lew, as others have said, "Actions have consequences."
I know that is very difficult for liberals to process, but the world does not have to do what they want, just because they want it.
Deb

Kind of an opposite statement isn't it? On one hand, you're concerned about environmental implications. On the other hand, you'd have us process it and then ship it. What about the environmental effects of processing it on Canadian soil? Just as long as the processing isn't done in the US eh?
What about the environment implications if some of that highly refined oil somehow finds its way onto American soil?
And then there's the added cost to the US if we did the processing first before shipping it. At least if you're refining it, you save some money. Money that is apparently in short supply in the cash strapped US.

Sorry, Dave, if I wasn't clear. I'm still against "harvesting" tar sands oil. But if you really want to make money off of it, and prevent DOWNSTREAM damage, process it right there. I bet you it'll be more investment, but also more profit, unless the world will turn around and start real conservation. Oh wait, this is the real world. Don't worry.
--
Best regards
Han
On 2/7/2012 7:32 PM, Dr. Deb wrote:

No kidding, you can say that again and again.