O/T: Hey Canucks

Swingman wrote in news:jZ-dnePBqNmCRKvSnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Good idea. perhaps some bankers can show the way?

Reply to
Han

There was a case over here before christmas of a fracking test site near a place called Blackpool allegedly causing two minor quakes. The north-west of England isn't renowned for it's seismic activity, but I have not heard anything more about the case, so don't know if it was just coincidence or not. I would tend to think it was, just because small quakes DO happen occasionally, and these were not really out of the ordinary magnitude-wise.

Reply to
David Paste

-------------------------------- They have stopped operations in Arkansas after several quakes.

--------------------------------

-------------------------------------- Mike DeWine, Ohio A/G, is reviewing Ohio fracking statutes as this is being written.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Their bosses talked the corrupt CONgresscritters into waiving the Clean Air and Clean Water acts for their sorry asses. What's a little guy to do when his own _government_ has sold out the public's safety for the Almighty Dollar?

-- To use fear as the friend it is, we must retrain and reprogram ourselves... We must persistently and convincingly tell ourselves that the fear is here--with its gift of energy and heightened awareness--so we can do our best and learn the most in the new situation. Peter McWilliams, Life 101

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Excellent idea, where applicable.

Line 'em up against the wall. Somebody will find a way to deal with them sooner or later.

-- To use fear as the friend it is, we must retrain and reprogram ourselves... We must persistently and convincingly tell ourselves that the fear is here--with its gift of energy and heightened awareness--so we can do our best and learn the most in the new situation. Peter McWilliams, Life 101

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I don't have a dog in the fight, despite having been in the O&G business myself, and raised by a geophysicist, but I can tell you one simple concept that will stop any possible nonsense, in this _and ANY other industry:_

Start making corporate EMPLOYEES and OFFICERS responsible for all provable violations and put them in PRISON when criminal negligence is involved in company operations.

What is so frackin' hard to comprehend about that?? ============================================================================= Good idea but, as they are the ones that own the politicians, it will never happen.

Reply to
CW

Actually its a pretty serious problem in Colorado. I like when they light the water on fire from their tap.

According to the industry it's not their problem. The nerve damage and water damage is well documented their.

Kind of like the tobacco industries claim that it doesn't cause cancer. Who you going to believe?

Me ..??? When I see tap water on fire after seeing the fracking nearby ...it's a no brainer. You call it what you want coincidence ... lack of proof. I call it criminal.

Reply to
tiredofspam

Search Youtube for "fracking" or "Gasland", some people can set their drinking water in fire.

Reply to
Pin