O/T: Heads Up

For those of you who need to update your collection of Nahm shirts, LLBeam is offering 10% off online orders thru Friday and free shipping.
Lew

WTH is a Nahm shirt?
nb
"notbob" wrote:

Plaid.
Lew

BARBER: I wanted to be... a lumberjack!
Leaping from tree to tree, as they float down the mighty rivers of British Columbia. The Giant Redwood. The Larch. The Fir! The mighty Scots Pine! The lofty flowering Cherry! The plucky little Apsen! The limping Roo tree of Nigeria. The towering Wattle of Aldershot! The Maidenhead Weeping Water Plant! The naughty Leicestershire Flashing Oak! The flatulent Elm of West Ruislip! The Quercus Maximus Bamber Gascoigni! The Epigillus! The Barter Hughius Greenus!
With my best buddy by my side, we'd sing! Sing! Sing!
[singing] I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay. I sleep all night and I work all day.
MOUNTIES: He's a lumberjack, and he's okay. He sleeps all night and he works all day.
BARBER: I cut down trees. I eat my lunch. I go to the lavatory. On Wednesdays I go shoppin' And have buttered scones for tea.
MOUNTIES: He cuts down trees. He eats his lunch. He goes to the lavatory. On Wednesdays he goes shopping And has buttered scones for tea.
He's a lumberjack, and he's okay. He sleeps all night and he works all day.
BARBER: I cut down trees. I skip and jump. I like to press wild flowers. I put on women's clothing And hang around in bars.
MOUNTIES: He cuts down trees. He skips and jumps. He likes to press wild flowers. He puts on women's clothing And hangs around in bars?!
He's a lumberjack, and he's okay. He sleeps all night and he works all day.
BARBER: I cut down trees. I wear high heels, Suspendies, and a bra. I wish I'd been a girlie, Just like my dear Papa.
MOUNTIES: He cuts down trees. He wears high heels, Suspendies, and a bra?!
[talking] What's this? Wants to be a girlie?! Oh, My! And I thought you were so rugged! Poofter!...
[singing] He's a lumberjack, and he's okay. He sleeps all night and he works all day.
He's a lumberjack, and he's okaaaaay. He sleeps all night and he works all day.
On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 18:53:55 -0800 (PST), Robatoy

The aural (oral? <wink>) version will tell the story even better.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clPYfaTvHT0
and follow it up with this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FKeQpeDkoGc&feature=related

-- Education is when you read the fine print. Experience is what you get if you don't. -- Pete Seeger
On 11/18/2010 10:25 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Live at the Hollywood Bowel! What I wouldn't give to go back in time and be there for that performance; it's my favorite!
--
"Here Sarge, let me show you a picture of my wife."
"Ah, she's a bit ugly though, isn't she Sir?"
"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message

Costco sells nice Field & Stream plaid shirts at a very reasonable price. But if you're on the tall side make sure to get the tall model or the sleeves end up too short after a trip through the dryer.
"DGDevin" wrote:

----------------------------- There is something for everybody.
I'll take L L Bean. the Festool of shirts.
Lew

Orvis? Pendleton?
Max
Max wrote:

I read that one of the rules at Roy Underhill's new woodworking school is that you have to dress like it's 1937. I'm not sure which of the labels above qualifies.
Bill

I's pert' sure all of 'em carry suspenders.
-- Education is when you read the fine print. Experience is what you get if you don't. -- Pete Seeger
Lew Hodgett wrote:

Ever worn a Carhartt? Damn fine shirt and warm, too. 8.5oz warm http://dungarees.net/product_Carhartt_S149_Heavyweight_Solid_Flannel_Work_Shirt_Closeout-771-2.html
"ChairMan" wrote:

---------------------- Can't say that I have.
Started with Lands End, then when they went CHEAP, moved on to L L Bean for my chamois shirts and haven't looked back.
BTW, L L Bean chamois' are same price as Carhartt and not on closeout; however, they are 7.5 oz.
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

I tried them last year when looking for non plaid flannel, bought 1, then shopped around and bought 4 more. 1 in each color Damn fine shirt, triple stitched, and heavy, can't wait till it gets cold enough to wear 'em. Noticed the closeout, I sure hope there are not discontinuing them. <just my luck>

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Carhartt-Midweight-Cotton-Union-Suit/733084.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Dcarhartt%2Bunion%2Bsuit%26x%3D0%26y%3D0&Ntt=carhartt+union+suit

http://dungarees.net/product_Carhartt_S149_Heavyweight_Solid_Flannel_Work_Shirt_Closeout-771-2.html
Carhartt makes some good stuff, of that there can be no doubt. Ben Davis also makes some tough, but comforatble, work clothes.
http://www.basicsclothing.com/bendavis
nb
"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message

I used to wear those a lot, still got a couple although they don't seem as heavy as the old ones. Heh, I recall their shirts being satirized by National Lampoon, the original L.L. Bean itchy wool shirt, complete with nine-cubic-foot pockets.... These days Cabela's is where we go for that sort of thing, that is one hell of a store to wander around in all afternoon.
Success is being able to wear plaid shirts and cargo pants to work and nobody can tell you to go home and change.
"DGDevin" wrote:

----------------------------------- These folks are worth checking out, especially since they have 9.0 oz chamois shirts.
Thanks for the tip.
Lew