O/T: Gotta Love It

Page 1 of 8
Found an off the wall TV program that showed various projects built from discards headed to the dump.
One was the universal "Off", TV remote.
Starting with an old TV remote, stripped out everything but the "Off" switch then re-programmed the remote to issue a continuous string "Off" commands for every TV made.
Next, hide the unit in a hat so that you could walk down the street wearing the hat and push the "Off" button turning off any TV with in about 50 ft.
Impressive use of technology by someone with a lot of spare time or a diabolical sense of humor.
Lew

It's been done: http://www.tvbgone.com/cfe_tvbg_main.php
Bought one of these a couple years ago. It's loads of fun.
On Sat, 26 Dec 2009 19:59:47 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

No one is able to use a cell phone near me in restaurants and other places where it would be inappropriate.

I would very much like to know how you achieve this. Would it work between vehicles; could I use it to prevent the driver of a passing car using his cell phone.(using a cell phone, whilst driving, is illegal in the UK)
Limey Lurker wrote:

That depends - how loud can you sing?
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Or how many years you want to bunk with Bubba.

Jammers are available.
In fact, for the States, the UK is our primary source.
But ... think about it: if you think the cell-phone-using driver is distracted while they're mindlessly chatting away, then just imagine their reaction when their call suddenly drops.
I think you make a horrid situation worse.
Movies? Restaurants? Elevators? For environments like that, I'd LOVE to have one ;-)
news:1c818af3-e2eb-4165-9b8d- Jammers are available.
In fact, for the States, the UK is our primary source.
But ... think about it: if you think the cell-phone-using driver is distracted while they're mindlessly chatting away, then just imagine their reaction when their call suddenly drops.
I think you make a horrid situation worse.
I am thinking the person using the jammer will be as big of a problem as the cell phone user. On the road he is certainly going to be watching the cell phone user to see if his jammer is working.
Leon wrote:

Plus, if he uses it around me and I catch him, he's going to need a jammerectomy from the vicinity of his anal area.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
"Leon" wrote:

Naw, use the fuck'em approach.
Turn the jammer on the minute you start the car.
Jam everything around you and let God sort'em out.
Lew

LOL!
Thanks to Swingman, for reminding me/us of the ubiquity of irrationally violent people :-) Somebody interrupts your cell phone call -- scientifically, the equivalent of a DUI -- and you're going to do physical harm to them.
Lovely.
Neil Brooks wrote:

Just keep firmly on mind that your self-appointed vigilantism extends no further than the end of your nose ...
Now, just what is it that you contribute to this forum besides warm, fuzzy bullshit like the above?
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

The same as your toothless "jammerectomy" threat, which carries no further than the muzzle of my .45 compact.
nb
notbob wrote:

Careful there nutjob, you're way out of your league with that kind of online threat ... reconsider, very carefully, those words.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

I make no threat. I declare only that I countenance no threats from newsgroup whackjobs such as yourself.
nb
notbob wrote:

That's much better, nutbob ... keep in mind it's there for future reference in case you forget yourself again with further irrational behavior.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Oh, you mean like your not-so-couched threat to visit great physical harm on those who offend. Momma notbob never raised such a foolish child, whackman.
nb

Is there a certain threshold that I'm obliged to meet, and ... are you the Keeper Of That Threshold?
More details, please!
"Neil Brooks" wrote
Thanks to Swingman, for reminding me/us of the ubiquity of irrationally violent people :-) Somebody interrupts your cell phone call -- scientifically, the equivalent of a DUI -- and you're going to do physical harm to them. ========================== In a world where road rage exists, it is not a good idea to engage in any kind of activity that could set somebody off. It is unbelievable to me all these stories where some minor slight, comment or gesture quickly esculates to serious injury or a death. I make a counscious effort to be as courteous as possible out there in the world.
It is like my old martial arts instructor said. You never pick a fight with anybody because you have no idea how skilled they are. In other words, they could kick your ass. So you behave yourself.
Lee Michaels wrote:

The best thing to do is to obey the law. Any self-righteous, self-appointed vigilante, including those advocating using illegal jamming devices, needs his ass kicked swiftly ... along with a jail sentence.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08