O/T free stuff

As of Sat. around 7-8 at night I will have available some wonderful white snow. We are expecting 6-9 inches. I will be glad to package it ,all you need to do is pay the freight. I'm sure many of you will be interested however the high winds and cold that is to follow I will not be able to package as much as I would love to share it with you all.

i can ship you some melted snow in return. the phoenix area is scheduled to get 1-3" of rain in the next 2 days, which should put parts of it underwater when the flooding starts.
regards, charlie cave creek, az http://glassartists.org/chaniarts
Lee wrote:

Current wind speed here is 48 MPH. If you run short of snow let me know...
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA
Nova wrote:

Have you got a "Lake Effect" thing going on? My parents were trapped in their house for a week once in the 70's when a series of storms came across the lake - they lived in Clarence. The snow was drifted as high as the roof on one side of the house.
--Steve

Steve wrote:

The current weather forecast:
"A STRONG COLD FRONT WILL CROSS NEW YORK EARLY THIS EVENING WITH GUSTY WINDS AND A QUICK BURST OF SNOW. SOME LAKE EFFECT SNOW WILL DEVELOP AS WELL THIS EVENING EAST OF LAKE ONTARIO AND THEN SETTLE ALONG THE SOUTH SHORE OF LAKE ONTARIO LATE TONIGHT. ANY REMAINING LAKE EFFECT WILL DIMINISH AND END SATURDAY MORNING AS A RIDGE OF HIGH PRESSURE BUILDS ACROSS THE REGION. A POWERFUL STORM SYSTEM DEVELOPING OVER THE CENTRAL PLAINS WILL THEN MOVE TOWARDS THE CENTRAL GREAT LAKES SATURDAY NIGHT THROUGH MONDAY AND BRING A MIXED BAG OF PRECIPITATION TO THE REGION INCLUDING ACCUMULATING SNOW...ICE AND RAIN. ANY MIX WILL CHANGE BACK TO SNOW ON MONDAY WITH THE POTENTIAL FOR SIGNIFICANT LAKE ENHANCED SNOW THROUGH THE FIRST HALF OF NEXT WEEK ALONG WITH GUSTY WINDS AND CONTINUED COLD."
It sounds like your parents went through what is called "The Blizzard of '77". If you've never seen pictures of the event check out:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Buffalo+%22blizzard+of+77%22+pictures&btnG=Google+Search
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

I will be glad to swap a package of your snow for a pail of steam. Joe G

We may get 4 or 5 days of snow every winter, that's it. Sometimes you can get by with just a T-shirt outdoors in January. More often, there's snow on the mountain tops. Snow is beautiful if you don't have to drive in it. e.TN.
Phisherman expressed precisely :

We get 4 or 5 days of winter here. Mostly for the poor sods who have to get up early. Right now it is what some folks would call 'balmy'. I love it, SWMBO wants to move to Tasmania, where they get real winters (they have to own coats down there!) I want to live in Cairns so Brisbane is a compromise.
Could use an iceberg or two to deal with the drought, I had to [put a well in the back yard to keep the garden alive.
Mekon
Lee wrote:

I'm gonna go to the beach tomorrow and think about that offer... Not for long though.
Fri, Nov 30, 2007, 7:15pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@tds.net (Lee) doth sayeth: As of Sat. around 7-8 at night I will have available some wonderful white snow. We are expecting 6-9 inches. I will be glad to package it ,all you need to do is pay the freight. I'm sure many of you will be interested however the high winds and cold that is to follow I will not be able to package as much as I would love to share it with you all.
I'll take a large box. But be informed, if the box doesn't arrive full of snow, I'll be prepared to sue.
For what it's worth, my mother woke up to snow on Thanksgiving Day. She doesn't live around here.
JOAT Even Popeye didn't eat his spinach until he had to.
Lee wrote:

It's quality stuff. Ordered a couple inches here in the wild mountains of So.California. Would like about a foot or more to smother the root fires.     shiver,     jo4hn