O/T: Food for thought

Page 3 of 3
On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 14:40:58 -0600, the infamous Morris Dovey

Oh, I thought you had to have mass quantities of solar in the blizzardy GWN.
-- It's a great life...once you weaken. --author James Hogan
On 2/15/2010 11:31 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Not until you begin to approach either the Arctic or Antarctic Circle. In the Temperate Zones there's a trade-off between insulation and solar panel area. Simply put: heat that you don't lose doesn't need to be replaced.
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Naa.. just swapped him for some metal.

No kidding free energy would require heat and Al Gore is doing his best to make sure we all pay for that.

Are you sure about that?? _Politicians_ seem to be a never-ending source of hot air. <<grin>>
I'd also be tempted to offer up a successful perpetual motion machine -- the design for which was based on a woman's mouth. *snicker*
On 2/13/2010 9:11 PM, Robert Bonomi wrote:

Umm - I'm not sure about Canada, but down here that hot air comes with a very large pricetag!

Free, eh? Prudence dictates that I say no more...
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Robert Bonomi wrote:

However, politicians are most certainly not free. Some are cheap, but still not inexpensive.

Rob Leatham
Lew Hodgett wrote:

Just proves that being rich doesn't make you smart and it doesn't take being wise to make one rich.
He's right, but for the wrong reasons. We - or most of the world - can use cheap energy. We already have plenty of clean energy, it's just not cheap.
And if energy is more important than vaccines, into which he's poured billions, how about he gives upon inoculations and devote his resources to Uranium?

It wasn't that long ago that Gates was criticized for Not giving away money. Now he's being criticized for giving it away to the 'wrong' people. Thus proving no matter how much money you have, you just can't win.
LDosser wrote:

Fuck 'em.
Many years ago, F. Lee Bailey interviewed H.L. Hunt on PBS. Bailey asked the "are you still beating your wife question:"
"Mr Hunt, one only has to visit the men of great wealth who have made this country great with their business endeavors and made it even greater with their charities. The Rockefellers, Fords, Carnegies, and more. Why is it you've never seen fit to share your largess with those less fortunate?"
Hunt looked at Bailey as if Bailey had just eaten a bug. "I use my money to give people something better than a pretty picture to look at in some museum. I give 'em a job."
'Course Hunt was famous for bringing his lunch to work every day in a paper bag. The same paper bag.