O/T: Food for thought

Page 1 of 3
Regardless of your personal opinion of the man, he has a idea worthy of exploration.
http://tinyurl.com/yaa4yeh
Lew

If the money and effort that has gone into sky is falling prognostications and whining had gone into the research Gates discusses, we'd be there already. Unfortunately some of the biggest whiners have figured out how to make a buck from fear and loathing.
On 2/12/2010 8:30 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

We would have clean nuclear energy systems that uses all of the waste produced, IF during the past 40 years the country had worked as hard to find solutions for the perceived problems, as the country has worked to avoid the ultimate conclusion that we MUST use nuclear energy.
We solved the chemical and physical problems of purifying Uranium in about 4 years; 1941 to 1945. Given the same resources in 40 years it is impossible to imaging the amount of clean energy we could have had today.
There are still those that are still trying to use impractical ideas to avoid make the ultimate decision.
Paraphrase an old saying; you can lead a horse to water, but eventually the horse must drink or die.
On 2/12/2010 7:30 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

<sigh>
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

""You'd be stunned at the ridiculously low costs of innovation," said Gates, who received a standing ovation for his remarks."
If he'd actually innovated ANYTHING after Excel for Mac in the 1980's, I might have some respect for the weasel.
But he didn't, and I don't.

"Windows 7 was my idea....15 years ago when I called it Mac System 9." --Steve Jobs
--

-MIKE-

The box said: System requirement: "Windows 95 or better" . . . so I bought a mac.
On 2/12/10 10:11 PM, Robatoy wrote:

Nice. :-)
Besides, I'm running Windows XP & 7 on my Mac.... just for giggles.
Every night, when I shut down the Leopard asks for an enema. :-)
--

-MIKE-

Is that a deliberately catty remark?
On Feb 13, 6:01pm, snipped-for-privacy@host122.r-bonomi.com (Robert Bonomi) wrote:

You win. By a whisker.
On 2/13/10 5:01 PM, Robert Bonomi wrote:

Boooooooo!
--

-MIKE-

He went fur broke on that one.

HEY!! I'm not gonna take that lion down.
On Feb 13, 10:05pm, snipped-for-privacy@host122.r-bonomi.com (Robert Bonomi) wrote:

..and so never the mane shall tweet.

You're lion about that. <Grin>
--
Nonny

No he isn't.. he's no cheetah

Jealous?
On 2/12/2010 9:36 PM, Leon wrote:

Good question. I just did a self-check and decided that I'd rather be my not-so-well-off self than be him with $34B in the bank.
Especially while shaving...
...b'sides, /my/ software's better. :)
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Celine Dion is one of the richest performers in the world, and she can't sing.
On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 20:21:30 -0800 (PST), the infamous Robatoy

Other dogs that don't hunt: Thompson's WaterSeal, Minwhacked finishes, Maytag products, Crapsman products, Wagner sprayers.
They simply have "better" advertising.
-- It's a great life...once you weaken. --author James Hogan