O/T: Fired Up, Ready To Go

Page 9 of 9
On Sun, 20 Sep 2009 14:42:12 -0700, Mark & Juanita

Done? It's so done it's already coming down.

Pretty much done. They are repairing the parts falling down now.
The drive to the airport is a hell of a lot better though, as long as nothing falls and kills you along the way. A lot of contractors made a lot of money from that project.
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

In Pittsburgh, the government (communist bastards) wanted to build 2 stadiums, for the Steelers and the Pirates. People bitched up a storm, so the communist government figured they would put it in a referendum, something they must have thought would pass because everyone on earth knows how crazy the 'Burg" is about the Steelers... well, to the surprise and dismay of the communist government, it was voted DOWN, soundly. That even surprised me....
Anyway, the communist local government then decided to take it to the communist state government, and somehow, (I can't explain it), we not only got the two stadiums, one for the multi-billionaire Roonies, and one for Pirates as well. Our communist state has a 6% sales tax on everything, but the local communists added 1% just for the pricks in Allegheny County that voted AGAINST state owned stadiums, get to pay 7% sales tax. The really neat thing is if you buy a car in a neighboring county, they cut your balls off or something, for tax evasion...
--
Jack

. The

I'll second that.
Phisherman wrote:

... snip

You are exactly right. The protests in D.C. Saturday were truly bi-partisan, people who went were Republican, Democrat, and Independent -- they all gathered because of the concern that this massive expansion of government power over individual lives will cause.
For those of you who only get the three-letter news stations and/or the NYT -- approximately 800k to 1.2M people showed up in D.C. on Saturday to show their opposition to the health care bills in Congress. Apparently the three-letter news organizations were too busy with other stuff to cover this to any great extent.

Rob Leatham
Mark & Juanita wrote:

They had most of their staffs digging into the ACORN business.
No, wait...
HeyBub wrote:

LOL.

Rob Leatham

spread the blame around

Forgive me. Which debate? Tom

Jet vs. Delta

Spruce, Pine, Fir: Which is the superior material to support a Cherry table top?
On Sep 13, 9:03pm, Puckdropper <puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:

Metric vs Imperial?

Smooth vs Crunchy?

Smooth vs Crunchy?
rec.woodworking or alt.politics.usa.misc?
On Sep 14, 12:03am, Puckdropper <puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:

Poplar or soft maple.
wrote: > >>> Let the debate begin. > > >>> Lew > > >> Forgive me. Which debate? Tom > > > Jet vs. Delta > > Spruce, Pine, Fir: Which is the superior material to support a Cherry > table top?
> Poplar or soft maple.
Ginger or Maryanne

Parsley, Sage, Rosemary or Thyme?
On 14 Sep 2009 04:03:43 GMT, Puckdropper <puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com> wrote:

Any will work as long as you paint the cherry a shade of JOAT yellow.
Regards, Roy

Stain or paint on cherry.
Tim Douglass
http://www.DouglassClan.com
After reading the subject line, and then seeing who posted it, I was surprised this took on political overtones.
I have just completed a short but spirited debate with some of my esteemed colleagues:
"Wet enough or a smooth ride (or glide as I described it), or wet enough to be good and nasty".
We came to no definitive conclusion either.
No details available, but the conversation was much more interesting than politics.
Those water slides can be so tricky to judge, dontcha know...
Robert