O/T: Finally

EPA declares greenhouse gases a health threat.

This one will get the elephants in the room moving.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

How many cubic feet of greenhouse gas in an elephant's fart?

Reply to
Robatoy

The ONLY thing this will accomplish, is to raise your energy prices through the roof, further sabatoging an already shakey economy. It will have NO other effect. No, wait - it will have one other effect - it will increase Al Gore's income.

-Kevin in Indy To reply, remove (+spamproof+) from address........

Reply to
Kevin M. Vernon

Someone once said that the romance of the North went away fast when you were behind a dozen sled dogs that had eaten old frozen fish for lunch :-).

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

Not the big ones - it is termites. They out produce all sources other than volcanoes.

Now think of the rotting wood in Brazil ? ......

Mart> >> EPA declares greenhouse gases a health threat.

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Good question.

Here in California, a major dairy state, cows are a major source of animal farts, but don't think elephants have yet been monitored.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Gore is a fraud.

Reply to
Robatoy

Careful, now. If you talk like that he'll ban you from the Internet. He invented it, after all, so he must have controlling rights.

;-) Glen

Reply to
Glen

Quick kill all plant life as plant life emits gas found in green house.

Reply to
Leon

Gore is a fraud.

Yeah, he's a fraudy cat.

Reply to
Leon

Their goal is to remove all Carbon dioxide from the atmosphere. Fortunately, the amount of CO2 in the air is a negligibly small percentage...

Reply to
HeyBub

Well, it might increase /my/ income, too. :)

FWIW, the customer whose shop is featured at

the payback point this spring - and can look forward to *free* heat and a year-round warm shop for the next 25 or 30 years...

[ Still trying to encourage woodworkers to build their own, but not seeing many who're willing to help themselves - and I'm having a difficult time pinning that on Al Gore. ]
Reply to
Morris Dovey

And by the time they're done we'll all be starving. Plants need CO2.

Reply to
J. Clarke

On Sat, 18 Apr 2009 03:30:43 +0100, Lew Hodgett wrote (in article ):

I don't even own a greenhouse. It's not my problem

- - George W. Shrub

Reply to
Bored Borg

On Sat, 18 Apr 2009 14:04:53 +0100, J. Clarke wrote (in article ):

So does the thing in my basement....

Reply to
Bored Borg

Next time I build, I will be contacting you for prices or plans, one or the other.

BTW, in reference to this... "The construction crew expressed amazement at the temperature and force of the panel airflow - they were surprised that the air could be moved so rapidly without blowers."

Does the size and/or shape on the cold air intake vents have anything to do with this? Or is it just a case of being big enough?

Reply to
-MIKE-

This will finish off most of what is left of the US industrial complex. Hello third world US.

basilisk

Reply to
basilisk

I can help with the first, but for the second you can consult

Yes - but also the sizes and shapes of the plenums and discharge vents.

This too, but height and depth are far more important than width for airflow.

Reply to
Morris Dovey

Morris, I'd take you up on that, but payback here in AZ would be measured in decades (I buy about $40 worth of kerosene per year to heat my shop).

Get back to me when you get that stirling cycle air conditioner into a commercially viable format, then we'll have something to talk about. ;-)

Reply to
Mark & Juanita

Would you settle for a solar powered swamp cooler?

Dave in Houston

Reply to
Dave in Houston