O/T: Endeavor

Toyota couldn't ask for better advertising than that, could they? <vbg>
KCAL Ch9 in HelL.A. has some real babe announcers.
-- Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards. -- Vernon Sanders Law
On 10/13/2012 1:15 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

We have a pretty nice looking anchor at CH2 in Houston. But she traded brains for looks. http://dominiquesachse.tv /
On Sat, 13 Oct 2012 17:05:20 -0400, "Mike Marlow"

And sometimes, you just don't want them to have any brains.

Funny... Can't tell you how many times I've heard that said about men.

Hey! If a few women want to use me for mindless sex, I'm in!

Hot, for an older woman. <g> Many good looking women fit that trade-in mold.
-- Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards. -- Vernon Sanders Law
On 10/13/2012 9:39 PM, Larry Jaques wrote:

I think she was born in the 70's, I recall when she started with CH2 as the fumbling stumbling new kid back in the mid 90's. And I recall her still infamous quote, "The airplane skidded into a crash."

What's wrong with that? Surely you can skid without crashing?
On 10/14/2012 2:33 AM, Bob Martin wrote:

than an action.
Don't get me started on "over turned vehicle". Is over turning the same thing as over steering??? Your turn a vehicle, can you under turn a vehicle?

She DE-gerunded it? How crass!

No, you steer a vehicle, and have understeer and oversteer. You overturn (aka: FLIP) Beemers, Exploders, and other SUVs.
-- Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards. -- Vernon Sanders Law
On 10/14/2012 11:43 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

So you would be clueless if I mentioned that there was a wreck where a vehicle turned over?
Over turned... over is used ad an adverb. Turned over, over is the location. I am not buying it.

Ouch!
-- Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards. -- Vernon Sanders Law
On 10/14/2012 8:54 AM, Larry Jaques wrote:

Best watched with the volume on mute.

And a kleenex? <knowing grin>
-- Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards. -- Vernon Sanders Law

Ahem! It is spelled "Endeavour". It's named after Lt. James Cook's ship.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HMS_Endeavour
"Bob Martin" wrote:

Mea Culpa, spell checker bit me after I first typed "Endeavour".
Damn technology.
Thank you.
Lew
On 10/13/2012 7:30 AM, Lew Hodgett wrote:
Snip of what matters.

Old reliable fuel any one? ;~)
\ I have been following this too and it is fascinating. Like moving a large two or three story house through a crowded city but in spades. I stood in the shadow of the assembled shuttle in near launch configuration at the rocket and space museum in Alabama a few years ago and got a surprising perspective of how large it is
I don't know why, but it made me think about the Spruce Goose when it was at Long Beach. I walked into the large, plastic dome near the Queen Mary, saw the goose on the opposite side of the building and thought "It ain't all that big." Then we walked across the floor, up under the wings and I realized "Wow!".
RonB