O/T: Endeavor

That's because while we sometimes disagree, we still respect each other.

Reply to
Richard

And sometimes, you just don't want them to have any brains.

Reply to
Dave

"Your misguided opinion" doesn't sound like he respects you.

Reply to
Gordon Shumway

Didn't you hear? The President has directed NASA to get into the Muslim outreach business.

Reply to
Doug Winterburn

>>> Toyota couldn't ask for better advertising than that, could they? >>

trade-in mold.

-- Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards. -- Vernon Sanders Law

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I think she was born in the 70's, I recall when she started with CH2 as the fumbling stumbling new kid back in the mid 90's. And I recall her still infamous quote, "The airplane skidded into a crash."

Reply to
Leon

Not a lot.

Reply to
Richard

What's wrong with that? Surely you can skid without crashing?

Reply to
Bob Martin

Ouch!

-- Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards. -- Vernon Sanders Law

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Funny... Can't tell you how many times I've heard that said about men.

Reply to
Casper

There was no crash to slid into. She used "crash" as an object rather than an action.

Don't get me started on "over turned vehicle". Is over turning the same thing as over steering??? Your turn a vehicle, can you under turn a vehicle?

Reply to
Leon

Best watched with the volume on mute.

Reply to
Leon

And a kleenex?

-- Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards. -- Vernon Sanders Law

Reply to
Larry Jaques

She DE-gerunded it? How crass!

No, you steer a vehicle, and have understeer and oversteer. You overturn (aka: FLIP) Beemers, Exploders, and other SUVs.

-- Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards. -- Vernon Sanders Law

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On Oct 12, 4:52=A0pm, "Lew Hodgett" wrote: \ I have been following this too and it is fascinating. Like moving a large two or three story house through a crowded city but in spades. I stood in the shadow of the assembled shuttle in near launch configuration at the rocket and space museum in Alabama a few years ago and got a surprising perspective of how large it is

I don't know why, but it made me think about the Spruce Goose when it was at Long Beach. I walked into the large, plastic dome near the Queen Mary, saw the goose on the opposite side of the building and thought "It ain't all that big." Then we walked across the floor, up under the wings and I realized "Wow!".

RonB

Reply to
RonB

On Sun, 14 Oct 2012 11:06:40 -0400, Casper

Hey! If a few women want to use me for mindless sex, I'm in!

Reply to
Dave

So you would be clueless if I mentioned that there was a wreck where a vehicle turned over?

Over turned... over is used ad an adverb. Turned over, over is the location. I am not buying it.

Reply to
Leon

They did it,

Arrived at around 1:00PM,PDST, half a day late but safe.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett