O/T: Canuck Pride

Finally got an Olympic gold on home turf.

Congrats.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Good for them! They have something else to be proud of This mayor is only 88 years old. The town has no debt and millions in the bank.

·

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in news:jaOdnQ4EBuvE6ufWnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

I like fiscal conservatives ... The other kind are just insensitive .

Reply to
Han

Z snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

I know _you_ get it. Many don't. Some people think you have to be either hard-core left or hard-core right, what you get is the US congress as it is. Nothing gets done this way. It is possible to be conservative and have a heart, And by that I do not mean the Rovian version of compassionate conservatism, that's just smoke and mirrors. It IS possible to be smart with your money, get rich, believe in God, peace and still care about the less fortunate. What is so wrong about being centrist?

Kudos to Hazel!!!

Reply to
Robatoy

No good sound bites.

I'm semi-serious.

-- Doug

Reply to
Douglas Johnson

Canada would have more metals but we are all out shovelling snow to the top of whistler.You would have an easy time selling snow to a Canadian right now.

Reply to
Rusty

"Rusty" wrote

There was an article in the paper of a reporter who filled his truck with snow and drove to the Olympics. When he told the gaurd of his contribution to the snow relief effort, they were not amused.

Reply to
Lee Michaels

It is those GWarmer idiots that are already busy pointing their booger- laden little fingers and proclaiming it is all OUR FAULT that we don't have snow. It's Vancouver for fooksakes! It always rains there, the mountains are on the edge of a RAINFOREST!! The skiers were talking about skiing into clammy warmer air compared to the air they had when they started. As soon as it was announced that the 2010 games were going to be in Vancouver, a few of us immediately commented: "That oughtta be interesting.." Vancouver's weather is like Amsterdam's, rain with an occasional high and a hooker. Don't get me wrong, I love Canada, but you can keep that cesspool of yuppy snotnosed loft-living Bimmer drivers.....I don't mean this in a BAD way....

Reply to
Robatoy

So the *metal* was all used to make shovels?

Max

Reply to
Max

*Canadium* /n./ An alloy of bronze, silver, and gold used in the manufacture of ceremonial snow shovels in the Great White North.
Reply to
Morris Dovey

Reply to
Robatoy

Robatoy wrote in news:20df530a-812a-4723-98db- snipped-for-privacy@b7g2000yqd.googlegroups.com:

I'll believe tha when I see a photo of the shovel, and the face of the whale who "contributed".

(joke?)

Reply to
Han

It is those GWarmer idiots that are already busy pointing their booger- laden little fingers and proclaiming it is all OUR FAULT that we don't have snow. It's Vancouver for fooksakes! It always rains there, the mountains are on the edge of a RAINFOREST!! The skiers were talking about skiing into clammy warmer air compared to the air they had when they started. As soon as it was announced that the 2010 games were going to be in Vancouver, a few of us immediately commented: "That oughtta be interesting.." Vancouver's weather is like Amsterdam's, rain with an occasional high and a hooker. Don't get me wrong, I love Canada, but you can keep that cesspool of yuppy snotnosed loft-living Bimmer drivers.....I don't mean this in a BAD way....

Hottest January in recorded history. Yah it is Canada's New York ..only prettier.

Reply to
Rusty

If that whale is still alive, I'd be interested to his face also...

Reply to
Robatoy