O/T: Canuck Pride

Finally got an Olympic gold on home turf.
Congrats.
Lew
Add pictures here
βœ–

Good for them! They have something else to be proud of This mayor is only 88 years old. The town has no debt and millions in the bank.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY79KbCptTo
·
Add pictures here
βœ–

I like fiscal conservatives ... The other kind are just insensitive <grin>.
--
Best regards
Han

I know _you_ get it. Many don't. Some people think you have to be either hard-core left or hard-core right, what you get is the US congress as it is. Nothing gets done this way. It is possible to be conservative and have a heart, And by that I do not mean the Rovian version of compassionate conservatism, that's just smoke and mirrors. It IS possible to be smart with your money, get rich, believe in God, peace and still care about the less fortunate. What is so wrong about being centrist?
Kudos to Hazel!!!
Add pictures here
βœ–

No good sound bites.
I'm semi-serious.
-- Doug
Add pictures here
βœ–

Canada would have more metals but we are all out shovelling snow to the top of whistler.You would have an easy time selling snow to a Canadian right now.
Add pictures here
βœ–
"Rusty" wrote

There was an article in the paper of a reporter who filled his truck with snow and drove to the Olympics. When he told the gaurd of his contribution to the snow relief effort, they were not amused.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Feb 16, 11:31 am, "Lee Michaels"

It is those GWarmer idiots that are already busy pointing their booger- laden little fingers and proclaiming it is all OUR FAULT that we don't have snow. It's Vancouver for fooksakes! It always rains there, the mountains are on the edge of a RAINFOREST!! The skiers were talking about skiing into clammy warmer air compared to the air they had when they started. As soon as it was announced that the 2010 games were going to be in Vancouver, a few of us immediately commented: "That oughtta be interesting.." Vancouver's weather is like Amsterdam's, rain with an occasional high and a hooker. Don't get me wrong, I love Canada, but you can keep that cesspool of yuppy snotnosed loft-living Bimmer drivers.....I don't mean this in a BAD way....
Add pictures here
βœ–

It is those GWarmer idiots that are already busy pointing their booger- laden little fingers and proclaiming it is all OUR FAULT that we don't have snow. It's Vancouver for fooksakes! It always rains there, the mountains are on the edge of a RAINFOREST!! The skiers were talking about skiing into clammy warmer air compared to the air they had when they started. As soon as it was announced that the 2010 games were going to be in Vancouver, a few of us immediately commented: "That oughtta be interesting.." Vancouver's weather is like Amsterdam's, rain with an occasional high and a hooker. Don't get me wrong, I love Canada, but you can keep that cesspool of yuppy snotnosed loft-living Bimmer drivers.....I don't mean this in a BAD way....
Hottest January in recorded history. Yah it is Canada's New York ..only prettier.
Add pictures here
βœ–

So the *metal* was all used to make shovels?
Max
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 2/16/2010 4:21 PM, Max wrote:

*Canadium* /n./ An alloy of bronze, silver, and gold used in the manufacture of ceremonial snow shovels in the Great White North.
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

The really high-end ones have a whale penis as a handle.
Add pictures here
βœ–

I'll believe tha when I see a photo of the shovel, and the face of the whale who "contributed".
(joke?)
--
Best regards
Han

If that whale is still alive, I'd be interested to his face also...<G>
Add pictures here
βœ–