O.T. - Bookshelves for the evil

Saw a picture of OBL (now deceased). Behind him were these bookshelves. I must say, his chief woodworker was no mastermind. Picture here:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com /
Butt joints, nailed! (no dovetails), no backs, simple boxes, heavy books across unsupported shelves and apparently made with what appears to be pine!
What gives? Also that compound? What a unremarkable piece of crap. Don't get me started on the bedrooms.
MJ
WTF? Do they have pine in the Doon Coon areas?
----------------------- wrote in message
Saw a picture of OBL (now deceased). Behind him were these bookshelves. I must say, his chief woodworker was no mastermind. Picture here:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com /
Butt joints, nailed! (no dovetails), no backs, simple boxes, heavy books across unsupported shelves and apparently made with what appears to be pine!
What gives? Also that compound? What a unremarkable piece of crap. Don't get me started on the bedrooms.
MJ

I see that highly offensive racist language goes unnoticed in the rec these days.
That's how bad it has become.
Tim W
Take the hook out blubber lips LOL LOL
----------------- "Tim W" wrote in message

I see that highly offensive racist language goes unnoticed in the rec these days.

Fret not. It's more like don't feed the trolls.
Apologies for the clone troll post above...not from me.
------------
"Tim W" wrote in message
On 5/3/2011 7:12 PM, Tim W wrote:

So you took it upon yourself to re-post it ... not too swift by any measure, eh?
Hint: The smarter folks around here plonked that troll long ago. Do the rec a favor and do the same.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 4/15/2010

I will take your advice.
Tim
"Tim W" wrote in message

I will take your advice.
Tim &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
We can`t be having sheeple, as simple-minded as you, cluttering up the group with noise now, can we. You need to kf everybody for our peace of mind
--
hopper

Okay, thanks for the help i will killfile you as well
Tim W
"Tim W" wrote in message

Okay, thanks for the help i will killfile you as well
Tim W &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Make for a party LOOSER!
--
hopper

More phoney clone postsings from the sad and lonely.
can't spell either...LOL ---------------------------
"Mho clone wannabe loser" wrote in message
Make for a party LOOSER!
--
hopper

Why do you care?
Robert
In article <f9f6f157-c72a-4102-b34b-

About what? Woodwork? Geez, somebody actually manages to come up with an on-topic post about it and you question his motives?
Personally my second reaction to the shot of the bedroom was "geez, what a crummy looking bed".
Given that the guy was rich enough to have had Sam Maloof make everything in the place to order, his choice of furniture tells us something about his psychology.
J. Clarke wrote:

a). His furniture was "top of the line" in his town. Look at previous pictures of OBL sitting in his cave: He's got a cheap Chinese knock-off of a 60-year-old AK47 propped against the wall, he's talking on a Norwegian cell-phone using American satellites while wearing a Finnish (or Japanese) wristwatch. Heck, his prayer-rug probably came from China!
b). As for nailed butt-joints, his decorator correctly concluded that goat-hoof glue would be insufficient.
snipped-for-privacy@cox.net says...

Note that a link that actually shows the bookshelves is <http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/05/02/osama-bin-laden-dead-inside - raid-that-killed-him_n_856158.html>.
That photo is credited as an AP stock photo taken in Afghanistan in 1998.
Maybe good carpentry is against his religion--after all that EEEEVVVVVIILLLLLL Christianity was founded by a carpenter.

Yeah, but it was made from Pakistani Loblolly Pine with a tea extract stain and nose oil finish. It just makes you want to reach out and touch it. As long as you're wearing gloves.

In real estate it's all about location. Maybe there was a nice view - of a wall or something. ;)

More like a really excessive need to not draw attention to this location. Anybody moving in anything even remotely expensive would draw notice.