O/T: BLOG POST OF THE DAY

Page 7 of 10

You really expect results overnight? Han, you're smarter than that (Lurndal isn't but you are).

I am amazed. Obama is to blame for the economy's lackluster recovery after 3 years, but Christie gets a free pass?
--
Best regards
Han

Christie trying to keep your state budget afloat, not solve the national economy. Get real, Han. You really are losing it.

Christie has it far easier legislatively speaking than Obama. Until recently Christie could say, just wait a little. That time is just about up, and his balloon will pop. My prediction.
--
Best regards
Han

It is New Jersey, so anything is possible with you nutcases.

+1
The Bull crap machine generated:

----------------------------------------------------------- WHAT anti-business (and anti-consumer) policies are you moaning about?
Lew
"Lew Hodgett" wrote:

--------------------------------------- Never did get a response.
Lew

I have no regrets having left Floral Park, Nassau county. In some 13 1/2 years, my property taxes doubled here in NJ, but there is a 15% jump due to remodeling in it. My granddaughters are doing well in public school. Eldest will start looking at colleges next spring ...
--
Best regards
Han

I left Vermont (lousy schools at ridiculous costs) for Alabama, bought 2x the house and pay 1/4 the taxes. The kid is long gone out of the house but the schools in Vermont didn't do him any favors.

I was stuck with my NYC job, so I moved to the same distance away, but west, rather than east. Only real reason was that my daughter and her family moved here, and we were sick of 3 hr trips for the 25 miles across NYC. It is much more pleasant here. Floral Park schools did fine by our kids. My daughter was valedictorian, and she and 3 of her (female) friends were accepted at all kinds of Ivy league colleges, from a class of ~200 I think. Schools here are fine too, for my son-in-law, and their daughters.
--
Best regards
Han

So what? You're retired now. You can move anywhere. I did.

Your daughter and her family? You can't let adults live by themselves?

Don't bitch about your taxes. You deserve them but I want nothing of your leftist crap.
Mike Marlow wrote:

Heh!
I read an opinion piece in the WSJ last year about a self-employed person who left New York City for Florida and the move saved him over $13,000 in taxes.
Per day.
Rush Limbaugh did the same thing - moved from New York to Florida. Glenn Beck moved from New York to Dallas.
Probably quite a few more less well known souls have voted with their feet.
Heck, inasmuch as you don't have to be a resident of New York to hold political office there (e.g., Senator Clinton), I wouldn't be surprised to see Andrew Cuomo move to New Hampshire!

So? Assuming the writer of the opinion piece had his facts straight, which is usually doubtful, that amounts to $4,7450,00 in state taxes, which means his AGI was close to $50,000,000 a year. I'm crying crocodile tears.
On Thu, 23 Aug 2012 20:40:25 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@slp53.sl.home (Scott Lurndal) wrote:

It really helped the Democratic caused fiscal crisis in NY to chase them away, huh. Lurndal, you're an idiot.

No facts, just name-calling. Typical.
Scott Lurndal wrote:

The article wasn't meant to illuminate the writer's windfall; it was meant to show the short-sightedness of New York's tax laws.
And why would you say the writer's "facts" were doubtful? It's easy enough to check (I erred; it was not the WSJ, it was the New York Post):
"Opponents point to Rochester billionaire B. Thomas Golisano, a philanthropist and minor party candidate for governor, who moved to Florida to avoid paying $13,000 a day more in New York taxes." http://www.usatoday.com/money/perfi/taxes/story/2011-10-17/new-york-millionaire-tax/50804592/1
"Last week I spent 90 minutes doing a couple of simple things -- registering to vote, changing my driver's license, filling out a domicile certificate and signing a homestead certificate -- in Florida. Combined with spending 184 days a year outside New York, these simple procedures will save me over $5 million in New York taxes annually.
"By moving to Florida, I can spend that $5 million on worthy causes, like better hospitals, improving education or the Clinton Global Initiative. Or maybe I'll continue to invest it in fighting the status quo in Albany. One thing's certain: That money won't continue to fund Albany's bloated bureaucracy, corrupt politicians and regular special-interest handouts."
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/opinion/opedcolumnists/item_IlYA0ONr3hj3c31ZrkWCFJ#ixzz24T1JbNF2
On Tue, 21 Aug 2012 14:06:48 -0500, Tim Daneliuk

Somebody point out to the Left that there are more rich Demonrats than rich Repugnicans.

Have you guys seen the Tony Robbins collapse video yet? It's -very- interesting.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRaLytkf6vU&feature=related
Hang in there, he comes in at 51 seconds.
-- And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. -- Anas Nin
On Tue, 21 Aug 2012 20:58:03 -0700, Larry Jaques

Sometime back Karl posted an article on Credit Cards and the Federal Reserve. Good reading, it doesn't really matter which you elect they are all puppets for the Uber rich. We have the best politicians that money can buy.
Mike M
Tim Daneliuk wrote:

Bain is private but it must have investors. One wonders if those investors realized gains as large as Romney's.

Matching funds (contributions?)? I don't seem to recall any venue for matching funds in an IRA.
--

dadiOH