O/T: BLOG POST OF THE DAY

Page 5 of 10
says...

<snip>
Umm, actually the number of people entering employable age is pretty staggering, and that's exactly why unemployment is still so high. Job creation really should be twice as much AT LEAST as it is. Luckily we're not really losing jobs anymore ...
--
Best regards
Han
J. Clarke wrote:

I have. If you have statistics that show something different, I'd be tickled to see them.

What drugs are you on for the Whooping Cough?

That's an aside, I hope. When they finally made the symptomatic diagnosis, confirmed by an antibody test later, I got cipro for a week. My wife later got a azithromycin for 5 days. Her doctor was afraid she was about to get it. Children and grandchildren too were/are treated prophylactically. Now I am on heavy-duty expectorant/cough suppressant (400 mg guanefesin/20 mg dextromethorphan every 4 hrs. Shouldn't affect my thinking too much ...<grin>. Still coughing too much. Thanks for the commiseration. Do get your booster shot (Tdap or something like that). Immunity lapses after 10 years, and you need a booster again. No fun coughing for 3 months.
--
Best regards
Han

No, it was quite relevant.

Han, please show me the 7 million new jobs that chart says are attributed to Obama. I don't believe that for a New York second.
-- I merely took the energy it takes to pout and wrote some blues. --Duke Ellington
On Wed, 22 Aug 2012 16:45:05 -0700, Larry Jaques

There are more people out of work now than there were when he was coronated. Any "new jobs" are spin,just as his moronic "jobs created or saved".
On Wed, 22 Aug 2012 20:05:37 -0400, " snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz"

Fine, but consider the current economic climate around the world. There maybe more out of work now. But, you could also hypothesize that if someone else was in power, even more might be out of work. Who is to say differently?
On Wed, 22 Aug 2012 20:38:15 -0400, "Mike Marlow"

Well in my own defense, as a Canadian, my interests lie mostly with what is happening north of the border. That's not to say that I'm not concerned with what is happening in the US, since most of what you do has a tremendous impact on Canada. But, there's very little I can do about it.
That's he only defense I can offer. :)

Well, that says it all. Butt out.

When the US gets the sniffles, the world gets the flu.

Utter nonsense. Obama has had his boot on the economy's neck for the last three years. ...and he's just starting to apply the pressure.

We'll find out in a year or two. Either way.
Good news! My personal economics will not be affected, I think and hope, since I am retired. In all this bad economy, my pension funds have done OK. After having had a 30% hit they seem to have recovered for the most part. So my contribution to the (spending in) the current economy is "safe". I can't go on an Alaska cruise every year, because I have to keep a reserve for the kids and grandkids.
I do feel anxious for others, though. The projections under either candidate aren't great, worse, much worse, for the common man under a Ryomney plan, but chances are it won't come to that. We'll see what Isaac does <grin>.
--
Best regards
Han
On 08/23/2012 01:38 PM, Han wrote:

You're kidding yourself. If we continue down the debt rathole - produced by both Rs and Ds but REALLY accelerated by the Hoax And Shame administration - you WILL be affected. Why? Because sooner or later, all the phony dollars being logically printed are going to be worth less. Presumably, you are on a fixed income in retirement. What happens when a loaf of bread costs $7 or gas hits $10/gal (which affects the "price" of pretty much everything)?
Tim Daneliuk

It really is simple. I hope, pray and count on my investments to outpace inflation. So far TIAA/CREF has done a reasonable job. Other investments also. Nothing compared to Romney, of course ...
--
Best regards
Han

Right. Obama reelected and 1930 will look good. Romney, and we'll be back to 6-8% growth in two years.

You really are an idiot if you think your pensions aren't affected by the economy.

One of my main funds had an 7-8% yield the past year.
--
Best regards
Han

Mine does too, but don't expect that to last when the shit hits the fan. Remember Carter?
Don't expect your *retirement* to last a big storm, either. I doubt it's solvent now, SS surely isn't.

I am (perhaps wrongly) trusting that what Vanguard, Fidelity, TIAA and their ilk are telling me is the truth. SS is nice too, so far.
--
Best regards
Han

They can only estimate based on past performance. If you think they'll survive the big meltdown, you're nuts.

The only ones who will survive that (if you can call it survive) will be the ones with sufficient fire power and gold (or wheat).
--
Best regards
Han