O/T: Atlanta Airport

Page 2 of 2
RE: Subject
As J Carson is reported to have said, if you have to examine it, it ain't funny.
Lew

While I would find it funnier that way, I have to agree with most of the posters here. It is just fine the way it is for an audience without aviation knowledge. Sure, if you were going to post it in a rec.aviation group, you should make the changes you suggest. But it works the way it is for a broader audience.

On Fri, 04 Sep 2009 03:47:38 GMT, "Lew Hodgett"

Having been born and raised in the South, it's sort of second nature to me, but Yankees sometimes don't realize that "Bless his/her/your heart" makes everything all right.
As in "He is one unmitigated, sorry-assed piece of pond scum! Bless his heart."
Tom Veatch Wichita, KS USA
Don't you just love it when you have some "air port heads" try to explaing a joke to every one else, when they already get it and have moved on to other things?

God help someone on here telling a joe about camera. I'll nail 'em if they have one fact crossways.

God help someone on here telling a joe about camera. I'll nail 'em if they have one fact crossways.
LOL, and if you don't get'm Charlie, I'll be there. ;~)
Leon wrote:

What did Cinderella say when she left the photo store?
Someday my prints will come...
--
Froz...

"FrozenNorth" wrote

Groannnn...

It would be funnier if she was on the way to Atlanta airport. to pick up someone and his airplane was on runway 9 and diverted to runway 27L. Lemme explain. Atlanta airport is really named Hartsfiled-Jackson International. OK, now we get to the really hilarious part . . . . .

Wooooo don't stop NOW!!! tell it all! LOL
In article

That was indeed a sad day.

That hurts. Congratulations.
and bless yer hearts, all of yuh, y'all.     :-)
Lew Hodgett wrote:

I think the joke would be way funnier if you had Saudi Air 711 make the panic call.
See, 711 is flying west, away from Mecca, whereas 511 would be facing Mecca when he died, so, for 511, it would be no big deal.

Tower: "Saudi Air 511 Heavy, turn left two zero. Cleared the visual approach runway niner right. Good day."
"Saudi Air five one one heavy. Left two zero. Cleared visual niner right. Thankyougooday."
"Iran Air seven one one, turn left heading tree zero zero. Descend and maintain two five hundred until localizer. Cleared visual approach runway two seven left. Good day."
"Iran Air seven one one. Left tree zero zero. Two thousand five hundred. Say again runway?"
"Iran Air seven one one, cleared the visual two seven left. Two seven lima."
"Iran Air seven one one. Unable two seven lima. Missed approach."
Quite frankly, I can't find the joke in it. Killing 600 noncombatants on political and ideological principles is my kind of fun, but I don't see the joy or humor in it. At least, nothing on the same level as poking some fun at the non-swimming ex-senator from Illinois. Are we now all out of jokes on the PC-safe victim grouops? You know, the lawyers, blondes, retards, beer swilling boomhauers, or sexually repressed and stereotyped clergymen?