O/T: Arkansas Bar

Enjoy
Lew -------------------------------------- A guy walks into a bar in Arkansas and orders a white wine.
All the hillbillies sitting around the bar look up, expecting to see some pitiful Yankee from the North.
The bartender says, "You ain't from around here, are ya?"
The guy says, "No, I'm from Canada ."
The bartender says, "What do you do in Canada ?"
The guy says, "I'm a taxidermist."
The bartender says, "A taxidermist?
What in tarnation is a taxidermist?
Do you drive a taxi?"
"No", says the Canadian.
"A taxidermist doesn't drive a taxi.
I mount animals."
The bartender grins and hollers, "It's okay boys. He's one of us."

Excellent. I haven't heard that joke since 1976.
Tim W
On 3/19/2011 4:50 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

That was never mentioned.

Well, yes, it was: >> A guy walks into a bar in Arkansas and orders a white wine.
Of course, it doesn't say that he got it. :-)
Maybe we should defer interpretation to the rec.mount group.
Sonny

<g>
Which one? Neither the cowboys nor their horses would understand it. The farmers & rednecks would immediately high-five each other.
-- "I probably became a libertarian through exposure to tough-minded professors" James Buchanan, Armen Alchian, Milton Friedman "who encouraged me to think with my brain instead of my heart. I learned that you have to evaluate the effects of public policy as opposed to intentions." -- Walter E. Williams

Well, yes, it was: >> A guy walks into a bar in Arkansas and orders a white wine.
Of course, it doesn't say that he got it. :-)
Ordered a white wine, no mention of whether the bar "serves" white wine or not.

Obviously, you've never been to Arkansas. JW hit the nail on the head. His reply was just as funny as the joke. ;) (unless Arkansas has changed since I left there in 1966)
-- "I probably became a libertarian through exposure to tough-minded professors" James Buchanan, Armen Alchian, Milton Friedman "who encouraged me to think with my brain instead of my heart. I learned that you have to evaluate the effects of public policy as opposed to intentions." -- Walter E. Williams

Sheriff, walks into a saloon and asks: "Anybody here seen a fella with brown paper shirt, brown paper hat, brown paper pants?"
Patron: "What's he wanted for, Sheriff?" Sheriff: "Rustlin'?"
On 3/21/2011 9:06 AM, Robatoy wrote:

His horse follows him in. The bartender asks, "Why the long face?"
On Mon, 21 Mar 2011 09:06:48 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy

<groan> God'll getcha for that one. -- "I probably became a libertarian through exposure to tough-minded professors" James Buchanan, Armen Alchian, Milton Friedman "who encouraged me to think with my brain instead of my heart. I learned that you have to evaluate the effects of public policy as opposed to intentions." -- Walter E. Williams

Sheriff, walks into a saloon and asks: "Anybody here seen a fella with brown paper shirt, brown paper hat, brown paper pants?"
Patron: "What's he wanted for, Sheriff?"
Sheriff: "Rustlin'?"
**************************
Rob you bastard, you owe me as new monitor and keyboard

I was last there in September, before that 5-6 times in the last 4 years. Afew times before that since 1983. There was no mention whether the bar served white wine or not.

Is there only one bar in Arkansas ??
George W Frost wrote the following:

It's why Bill Clinton moved to Washington.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

Yabbut, Clinton was DISBARRED!
-- "I probably became a libertarian through exposure to tough-minded professors" James Buchanan, Armen Alchian, Milton Friedman "who encouraged me to think with my brain instead of my heart. I learned that you have to evaluate the effects of public policy as opposed to intentions." -- Walter E. Williams

Hah! What a hoot. Where to, Leon, and what for? WW school?
I lived on LRAFB most of the time. The year my parents were separated, we lived in North Little Rock, the little brick duplex on the Governor's estate bloc, just outside his fence. That was the previous (to Clintoon) corrupt governor, Faubus.
I used to get so tanned in the hot summer sun there that we were once refused entrance to a restaurant. I don't miss that place at all and have never wanted to return.