O/T: Another WOW!

Was getting out of my truck in the parking lot in front of the grocery store when a man in his 50's, dressed in a security guard uniform came walking by.
He struck up a conversation using his broken English.
I was puzzled, but decided to respond.
Next thing I know he says, "God bless America, I am so lucky to be in America."
"Where are you from?", I asked.
"Lebanon", he answered.
I understood.
No matter how screwed up things in the USA are at times, we still represent the best chance for a better life.
At this time of the year, best we not forget how fortunate we are to live here.
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

Those are the people who most appreciate the freedom and opportunity that this country offers -- they've seen what results from oppression and lack of opportunity.

Damn right. It's my pleasure and good fortune to count among my friends two Polish men and their families, who came here eight and fifteen years ago, respectively. If you want to hear appreciation for freedom, talk to a Pole who grew up under communism.
"Doug Miller" wrote:

Never saw it written, only spoken my Polish buddies, but here goes:
"Yack She Maash"
Lew

Bardzo dobzhe, djienkuje.

jak sie masz
Ja rwniez dziekuje (I am well, thank you)
"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

Dobe sha. (That's as close as can get)<G>
Lew
I had a coworker in the '80s (he is deceased now), that came from Romania (under communist rule ). He said people said "cut my arms off, but let go to America". He was an amateur radio operator, his call was K2PA, or K2 Proud American Frank