O/T: Another way to say "Dumb"

Page 2 of 2
RicodJour wrote:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/falcons/2007-08-22-vick-wednesday_N.htm
What he is saying is that the NAACP no longer has any sense of morality. He 'softens' the guilty plea by calling it an attempt by Vick to cut his losses. He is more concerned that Vick should lose his income than he is about the atrocities he has committed personally and funded by proxy.
Hmmm ... that raises the question of how deep those losses might have run if Vick hadn't been allowed to cop a plea.
So far as I am concerned, the NAACP stands discredited as an organization. Judging by how their fund-raising programs have gone in recent years, many, many people agree with me.
And Mr. White is wrong ... if Vick had tortured as many humans to death as he has dogs, he would get PLENTY of ink. IMHO, the NAACP should not be defending him, they should be calling for the severest penalties possible. It is far better for them to act as a force for reigning in such behavior than to act as a force condoning it.
But, what do I know?
Bill
--
I'm not not at the above address.
http://nmwoodworks.com

An open letter to young, black men - written by a young, black female columnist.
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=hill/070821

Some very good points, Bill...
My problem with the NAACP in this case is that their involvement makes it a race issue.... and IMO it should have nothing to do with race, only that a man with every opportunity in the world to succeed did cruel, stupid things to animals..
mac
Please remove splinters before emailing
On Wed, 22 Aug 2007 16:17:42 -0700, mac davis

Just curious if anyone will avoid Home Depot (Arthur Blank cofounder of HD and owner/CEO of Falcons) if Vick is put back on the field when his time is done. Kenneth

Personal opinion alert:
I REALLY don't think that's going to be an issue. I think Vick's chances of playing for the Falcons are about the same as the SEC letting Martha re-take the Series 7. Blank knows a pr nightmare when he sees one.
jc

Put him Under the field
Just curious if anyone will avoid Home Depot (Arthur Blank cofounder

Lee wrote:

If he likes watching dogs fight then maybe he should be allowed to fight a pack of them.
--John
RE: Subject
Vick being dumb has absolutely nothing to do with any organization or group.
It has to do with Vick being DUMB.
At least that is what I had in mind when I started this thread.
Lew

Yeah, me. But I don't think he will.

I think the problem is not the national organization, but the local one. R.L. White, president of the NAACP's Atlanta chapter probably has some Falcons' box seats. I wouldn't extrapolate it to anything more than that. He's an individual - an individual idiot. I'll bet you that the national organization comes out with a press release denouncing the Atlanta chapter's position.
This isn't about race, as much as it is about species. Humankind should not torture other species for fun and profit.
[snipferized]

To make it fair, match some pitbulls pound-for-pound with Vick (That would be 5 or 6 of them?) and toss them into a ring (pit) with Vick. Let nature take its course, because doggies don't give a shit that Vick is black. That would be the only equitable solution, IMHO.

Do we get to wet Vick down and electrocute him if he doesn't win?
BTW, Lew, there's dumb and then there's criminally cruel and stupid. I've been - and will be again - the former, Vick is the latter.
"RicodJour" wrote:

IMHO, cruel is the operative word; however, that opens up a whole new opportunity for discussion, I choose not to go there.
Lew
RicodJour wrote:

They've had several days to do so. Possibly they did. But I haven't seen one.
Mr. White was not speaking as an individual, but as a representative of a -large- local chapter. I rather doubt that he came to that position without being well-connected within the larger organization. I think it more likely that he was directed to make that comment so that the NAACP could do the politically expedient thing (support Vick), yet have someone to fall on the sword if things turned sour.
If they are later accused of turning their backs on Vick, they can pull this press release out of the scrap book. If they get too much heat for it, they can hang Mr. White out to dry. It all makes for a very neat package. In either case, it costs them next to nothing to look good.
The major media locally seem to have moved on. I hope the judge is fair with Vick and not biased in either direction. It would appear that Vick needs some time to get a grasp on what it means to be a decent human being. He's not the only one.
Bill
--
I'm not not at the above address.
http://nmwoodworks.com