O/T: Another way to say "Dumb"

Page 1 of 2
Michael Vick.
Lew

You can also add these words. Expected, Not Surprising, Typical, Status Quo, A perfect example of a person being paid for entertainment and not for contributing to society.
Lew Hodgett wrote:

The man does not belong in prison until he is released from the asylum.
Bill
--
I'm not not at the above address.
http://nmwoodworks.com

The virtues of a strong family, or family member, were missing. The Barber twins are a much better example of young Virginia men in the NFL (though Tiki has now retired). Good guys from up the road from me (Cave Spring--Roanoke area) and not a whisper of anything but good from them in all their years at UVa, and in the NFL.
It may also have something to do with college level recruiting and coaching: George Welch, then the UVa coach, seems to have had better control over his recruits than Frank Beamer has over his at VT. VT's football team is sometimes called Frankie's Felons and is today ready to start the season ranked at #7. I guess that's what you need to be highly ranked nationally.
I quit watching NFL football a decade or so ago, and I no longer care to watch many college games.
"Charlie Self" wrote in messag

A culture in which two (wo)man volley ball is a televised professional sport is a culture in decline.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/08/07

There were signs on TV of the decline long before that: nascar, golf, etc... It's all bread and circuses.
D'ohBoy

When they can't squeeze in a game of international rugby between the big game fishing and the cliff diving, thats when you know its time.

Other words: Sick, prick, dick.
http://www.vickdogchewtoy.com or http://cgi.ebay.com/Michael-Vick-Tee-Shrt-Neuter-Vick_W0QQitemZ260151464850
Anyone remember *how* he got busted??? One of his accomplices *gave* the police the address of the dog house as his home address while he was being busted for drugs! Seems like there is no shortage of dumb to go around.

How about another dumb one? http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/falcons/2007-08-22-vick-wednesday_N.htm
Dog fighting is as bad as hunting....uh huh. When was the last time you saw a hunter torture their prey? Maybe he's saying that Vick ate the dogs he killed? What an idiot.

We had an asshole in the local paper yesterday who thinks we should let Vick get on with his life. It does look as if his immediate future is going to be in the crossbar hotel, where he will do just fine with all the inmates fawning on him. And I am hoping, very strongly, that they ban his nasty ass from pro football. If Pete Rose betting on his own team to win deserves a lifetime ban, which it doesn't (IMO), then Vick deserves a triple lifetime ban. Fighting dogs is bad enough. Choking and drowning dogs he considers unfit makes him unfit for human company.
wrote:>

Just a thought, Charlie. Today I heard on the news some people defending him, saying that dog fighting is just another sport, and that Vick is a sporting man. If that be the case, I have a sporting proposition. Vick weighs what, about 230 lbs? Well then, that is about the weight of five of his dogs. Lets smear some meast juice on Vick, set him up on the 20 yardline wit the dogs on the goal line. At the sound of the whistle all break for the far goal line. If Vick makes it, he gets to play in the NFL again. If not, we sell the remains to the Ralston-Purina Company. The fans in the stand can wager on their favorite "player." It seems an apropos test of one's sporting nature.
Glen
Well then, that is about the weight of five of

Have the punishment fit the crime, yessir.

Trade him to Cleveland. The Dawg Pound will welcome him with open arms. - The kind you keep and bear.

Good idea.
Just another sport? Ye gods. I, at least, had hoped that the industrialized countries had gotten well beyond dog and cock fighting, but progress is not always as great as we'd like...there are still snake handling churches back in the hills not far from me, too, as another indicator of how far we haven't come.
"Charlie Self writes:

Lets face it, Vick's next residence will be the GrayBar Hotel, courtesy of the federal gov't.
By the time some of his new associates get done with his indoctrination, he's going to be a good substitute girlfriend for somebody in there.
Lew

I very much doubt it. For one thing, he's a sizeable guy. For another, he's a famous athlete. They'll kiss his butt.
Charlie Self wrote:

He's also a zillionaire--he's in a position to do favors for people. Even lifers usually have family on the outside that they care about.
--John