O/T: An Extended Meaning

Page 2 of 2
"Larry Jaques" wrote:

Naw, just a displaced Buckeye who required 50 years in Northern Ohio to figure it out.
A little slow I'll admit, but we figured it out.
Lew
On Mon, 22 Nov 2010 19:24:58 -0800, "Lew Hodgett"

"A _little_ slow"?
-- Experience is a good teacher, but she send in terrific bills. -- Minna Thomas Antrim

It only took me to 27 to figure it out. Toledo is colder than NC. Usually!
--
Jim in NC

wrote

Toledo? What HS? Only took me 19.

Suburbs, really. Anthony Wayne H SO
You?
--
Jim in NC

wrote

DeVilbiss 1961

"Lobby Dosser" wrote:

--------------------- Any plans for a 50th renunion in 2011?
Lew

Couple of folks have talked about that, but nothing firm. Be a shame not to. Maybe someplace like Hawaii.

"Lobby Dosser" wrote:

Do to the hard work of a group of classmates, we have held a reunion every 5 years since about the 15th-20th one.
The 50th was the big one, had about 100 show up.
Had the 55th this past September, but I didn't get back.
If you can pull it off, it's worth the effort.
Lew

My mom and a couple cousins went there. Neither one was around in your time there.
--
Jim in NC

wrote

You calling me an old fart?

I was all of 3 years old when you graduated.
People usually think of others as old when the other is 15 years older, or more.
My math says that this test fits when applied to you. So, yes, I guess me calling you an old fart could be justified! <g>
--
Jim in NC

But "fart"?
Ya' got to wonder where that name came from?
wrote

--
Jim in NC

wrote

Whippersnapper! :)

Suburbs, really. Anthony Wayne H S
You?
--
Jim in NC

On 11/22/2010 6:58 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

60 degrees above 0: New Yorkers try to turn on the heat. Wisconsin people plant gardens.
50 above: Californians shiver uncontrollably. Wisconsin people sun bathe.
40 above: Italian cars won't start. Wisconsin people drive with the windows down
32 above: Distilled water freezes. Lake Winnebago's water gets thicker.
20 above: Floridians wear coats, gloves and woolly hats Wisconsin people throw on a sweatshirt
15 above: New York landlords finally turn up the heat. Wisconsin people have the last cook-out before it gets cold.
0 degrees: People in Miami cease to exist.. Wisconsin people lick the flagpole
20 below: Californians fly away to Mexico. Wisconsin people get out their winter coats.
40 below: Hollywood disintegrates. Wisconsin's Girl Scouts begin selling cookies door to door.
60 below: Polar bears begin to evacuate Antarctica. Wisconsin's Boy Scouts postpone "Winter Survival" classes until it gets cold enough.
80 below: Mt. St. Helen's freezes. Wisconsin people rent some videos.
100 below: Santa Claus abandons the North Pole. Wisconsin people get frustrated when they can't thaw the keg.
297 below: Microbial life survives on dairy products. Wisconsin cows complain of farmers with cold hands.
460 below: ALL atomic motion stops. Wisconsin people start saying...."Cold 'nuff for ya?"
500 below: Hell freezes over. The Minnesota Vikings win the Super Bowl.
Not new at all.
Hum "Good King Wenseslas" to yourself and think of the words.
The word "Crisp" has many meanings that I associate with it.
Crisp bacon, crisp lettuce, crisp fall air, come to mind, but tonight "Crisp" was given a whole new meaning for me.
Two/Three feet of new snow in the mountains and declining temps over the weekend.
It was announced over night lows of 12F were forecast and described as being "Crisp".
"Crisp" being used to describe 12F weather is a whole nuther world, IMHO.
Oh well, guess that is an extended meaning.
Lew