O/T: An Extended Meaning

--------------------------------- Naw, just a displaced Buckeye who required 50 years in Northern Ohio to figure it out.

A little slow I'll admit, but we figured it out.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

"A _little_ slow"?

-- Experience is a good teacher, but she send in terrific bills. -- Minna Thomas Antrim

Reply to
Larry Jaques

It's not cold unless the snot freezes to your moustache and forms snotsicles ...

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Wisconsin Temperature Conversion Chart (degrees Fahrenheit)

60 degrees above 0: New Yorkers try to turn on the heat. Wisconsin people plant gardens.

50 above: Californians shiver uncontrollably. Wisconsin people sun bathe.

40 above: Italian cars won't start. Wisconsin people drive with the windows down

32 above: Distilled water freezes. Lake Winnebago's water gets thicker.

20 above: Floridians wear coats, gloves and woolly hats Wisconsin people throw on a sweatshirt

15 above: New York landlords finally turn up the heat. Wisconsin people have the last cook-out before it gets cold.

0 degrees: People in Miami cease to exist.. Wisconsin people lick the flagpole

20 below: Californians fly away to Mexico. Wisconsin people get out their winter coats.

40 below: Hollywood disintegrates. Wisconsin's Girl Scouts begin selling cookies door to door.

60 below: Polar bears begin to evacuate Antarctica. Wisconsin's Boy Scouts postpone "Winter Survival" classes until it gets cold enough.

80 below: Mt. St. Helen's freezes. Wisconsin people rent some videos.

100 below: Santa Claus abandons the North Pole. Wisconsin people get frustrated when they can't thaw the keg.

297 below: Microbial life survives on dairy products. Wisconsin cows complain of farmers with cold hands.

460 below: ALL atomic motion stops. Wisconsin people start saying...."Cold 'nuff for ya?"

500 below: Hell freezes over. The Minnesota Vikings win the Super Bowl.
Reply to
Just Wondering

"Lew Hodgett" wrote

It only took me to 27 to figure it out. Toledo is colder than NC. Usually!

Reply to
Morgans

Toledo? What HS? Only took me 19.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

"Lobby Dosser" wrote

Suburbs, really. Anthony Wayne H SO

You?

Reply to
Morgans

"Lobby Dosser" wrote

Suburbs, really. Anthony Wayne H S

You?

Reply to
Morgans

DeVilbiss 1961

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

--------------------- Any plans for a 50th renunion in 2011?

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Couple of folks have talked about that, but nothing firm. Be a shame not to. Maybe someplace like Hawaii.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

------------------------------------- Do to the hard work of a group of classmates, we have held a reunion every 5 years since about the 15th-20th one.

The 50th was the big one, had about 100 show up.

Had the 55th this past September, but I didn't get back.

If you can pull it off, it's worth the effort.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

"Lobby Dosser" wrote

My mom and a couple cousins went there. Neither one was around in your time there.

Reply to
Morgans

You calling me an old fart?

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

"Lobby Dosser" wrote

I was all of 3 years old when you graduated.

People usually think of others as old when the other is 15 years older, or more.

My math says that this test fits when applied to you. So, yes, I guess me calling you an old fart could be justified!

Reply to
Morgans

But "fart"?

Ya' got to wonder where that name came from?

People usually think of others as old when the other is 15 years older, or more.

My math says that this test fits when applied to you. So, yes, I guess me calling you an old fart could be justified!

"Lobby Dosser" wrote

Reply to
Josepi

Whippersnapper! :)