O/T: Amazing

Fair enough. Why the crocodile tears? They rolled snake-eyes, so?

Reply to
krw

They did not seem to see the government's role as being to steal from the rich and give to the poor. They didn't include a right to food or water or a job, so why would they include a right to medical treatment?

The adjustment that is needed is Constitutional amendment that establishes the rules of interpretation far more narrowly than the courts have done.

Reply to
J. Clarke

" snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

That's a rather biblical remark (that's a denigrating term here). If the parents are too stupid or drunk to take care of their housing, why do their children have to suffer? (Remember, I'm a tax and spend liberal - I believe the fire should have been put out and the parents made to pay, tax or whip).

It's getting late, sorry if I offend.

Reply to
Han

They shouldn't. The children should be taken out of the home and put into a home where they will be treated as children should be. Then the parents should be thrown in prison for child abuse. Simple. If you want to do something more appropriate to the abusers, we can discuss that too.

This is the Usenet. If that's the most offensive you can be, you don't stand a chance. ;-)

Reply to
krw

+1

To fix the "problem", first you have to take away the homeless' right to live as they wish.

Reply to
krw

You need a different primary care doctor!

I can get an appointment with my internist usually for the next day. If I just drop in to his office, he'll see me within the next two hours. Maybe briefly, but he'll see me.

Now I don't abuse the privilege and I take him and his office staff little gifts (a book for him, a HUGE box of chocolates for the staff on Valentine's day...).

My view is that I can pay a doctor for his professional services, but I can't pay him to actually, you know, CARE. The latter is accomplished (hopefully) by treating him as I would a friend.

Reply to
HeyBub

But bad drug interactions and mistakes are not DELIBERATE.

That's the difference I was trying to demonstrate.

Reply to
HeyBub

On Tue, 3 Jul 2012 21:18:33 -0500, "HeyBub"

Of course, it always makes sense to develop a friendship with your doctor.

I don't know what it's like down in the US, but up here in Canada, there are areas that are under served by doctors and some people have a great deal of trouble finding one that will take them on as regular clients. Guess that's part and parcel of living away from the cities.

Reply to
Dave

Or unfix the fix from a few years ago. Many people were in institutions, but that was deemed harsh and an infringement on rights. It was for some, but others were incapable of caring for themselves and found a worse fate

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

What sort of doctor do you go to, who is able to treat a cold better than you can yourself with OTC remedies?

Reply to
Just Wondering

You raise a good point.

In Texas, it is claimed that medical tort reform saved the state from a medical crisis. Before 2003, when the reforms were put in place, Texas ranked 49th out of 50 in physicians-to-population ratio.

"... in the decade from 2002 to 2012, the Texas population went from

21,779,893 to 26,403,743 - a 21% increase - and the number of Texas physicians rose by 15,611 - a 44% increase..."

At the micro level, ten counties in the state (out of 254) now have at least one obstetrician where before the reform regimen was instituted, they had none.

Reply to
HeyBub

"HeyBub" wrote in news:KbudnfLmtJDkr2nSnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.com:

I googled "Texas medical tort reform", and this came up, saying the effect of this "reform" was nil.

I had hoped to find some better result, because I think tort reform, combined with more punishment of offending doctors, hospitals etc, should help lowering costs ...

Reply to
Han

On Wed, 4 Jul 2012 00:45:45 -0600, Just Wondering wrote (in article ):

I was thinking of something that requires a prescription (i.e. antibiotics) and ergo, an office visit.

I'm fortunate in that I've only been to the doctor twice in the past 30 years for blood test followups. At work we get biannual 'clinics' where they do basic blood tests and check basic health parameters.

-Bruce

Reply to
Bruce

On Tue, 3 Jul 2012 09:17:23 -0600, snipped-for-privacy@att.bizzzzzzzzzzzz wrote (in article ):

Agreed! From what I understand of some medicaids however is that it would cap that co-pay.....

Advantage in the sense that if you are at the low end of the food chain (government subsidized), you get to play the system without fear of losing anything.

-BR

Reply to
Bruce

Lawyers write the laws, lobbyist' tell them what to say, and politicians go to the bank.

Reply to
Swingman

That's the "fix" I was referring to when I said "take away the homeless' right to live as they wish".

Reply to
krw

One idea I heard the other day (sorry, don't remember where) was a Constitutional amendment allowing Congress, with a supermajority, to overrule SCotUS decisions within a set amount of time (say, one year).

Reply to
krw

OK, but that is not a cold. Antibiotics are a wonderful thing, but often over prescribed to make a patient happy even if it does no good.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Swingman wrote in news:1OmdnSCkKu2S0WnSnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

I am a cynic too, but I do believe in the power of social media ...

Reply to
Han

Ed Pawlowski wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Reply to