O/T: About Beer

Page 2 of 2

It has to be a *ship*. Pleasure craft aren't ships, they're boats.

I've known a few ex-submariners who might disagree with that... (For whatever reason, in the Navy, surface vessels are ships, and submarines are boats.)
Add pictures here
✖
On Mar 29, 2:03 pm, snipped-for-privacy@milmac.com (Doug Miller) wrote:

So a boat causes a boat wreck? The art of sinking a vessel causes a shipwreck.
Add pictures here
✖

The story I always heard from my buddy that spent time on a submarine was the submarines are boats, surface vessels are targets.
Larry
Add pictures here
✖
Learn to read more closely "nonsense"

A salvaged shipwreck is no longer a shipwreck? ------------------------------------------------------------------ Do you know of many Entire Ships? Any salvage tends to be cargo. And getting back on topic, a couple of lumber salvages have been made and the lumber sold.
Add pictures here
✖

You made Miller's day, Lew. He found something to argue about.
Add pictures here
✖
On 3/28/11 9:25 AM, Robatoy wrote:

We bought this house in 97, all harvest gold appliances, and orange shag in the livingroom. Carpet was gone before any of our stuff entered the house. Appliances we just replaced as they died, all gone now.
--
Froz...

✖
On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 10:47:16 -0400, FrozenNorth

Our first house had an avocado 'fridge, harvest gold stove, and yellow bathroom fixtures. Every room was a different color shag, red living room, blue master bedroom, orange guest room, and my son's room was green. The carpeting was replaced soon enough but the appliances were still there when we moved out.
Add pictures here
✖

You making fun of my house???
Luigi who still has shit-brown toilet bowls and sinks (a6t least you can't see the stains). Orange shag came out as soon as we moved in in 1990 to be replaced by oak (OBWW)
Add pictures here
✖
On 4/1/2011 10:11 AM, Luigi Zanasi wrote:

How about a woodworking group that makes bathroom fixtures from hardwood? We could call it the Birch John Society.
Add pictures here
✖
Just Wondering wrote the following:

Groan....
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY

oy oyoy oy yoy
Add pictures here
✖

Actually, you couldn't. there is already a business (in Appleton, Wisconsin) registered under that name. The "Birch John Society, Inc." is apparently a book/magazine distributor.
There is also an unincorporated entity of the same name in Plano, Tx.
Add pictures here
✖
On 4/2/2011 2:50 AM, Robert Bonomi wrote:

1. I's so sorry to learn you've broken your funnybone. It's a PUN, spoilsport. You're supposed to laugh, or groan, not act like an armchair lawyer. 2. IF those businesses do exist, that doesn't necessarily make the name unavailable. Intellectual property law is a fair bit more complicated than that.
Add pictures here
✖

Can you think of _anyone_ with a house more deserving of it?
Add pictures here
✖