O/T: A Slow Day In The Newsroom

SoCal, the car chase capital of the world.
Almost every day, there is a car chase being televised in real time on TV, someplace here in SoCal, but not today.
Today we get to see a white pick up truck being chased in Pasadena, TX (Metro Houston), in real time.
Guess it is a slow say in the newsroom.
Must be the weather.
Tis a tad warm today. About 100F at 2:00PM local time.
Lew

Please don't confuse any of the Houston area residents as being anything like the "we can't shut up" news people that you have been watching.
105 degrees F here today, too hot to go out in the shop.. Hey thats why they made computers lol
Al

Lew Hodgett wrote:

Nothing on TV irritates me as much as turning on to CNN Headline News and finding them spending 20 minutes on a $#%^& car chase. As far as I'm concerned, that's LOCAL news, not national.
--
It's turtles, all the way down

Larry Blanchard wrote:

That's not even news, IMO.     j4

It's REALITY TV! REAL reality TV. It's REAL COPS. It's what the average American wants to watch.
--
"New Wave" Dave In Houston

One L.A.W. rocket and car chases would not last twenty minutes.
CW wrote:
> One L.A.W. rocket and car chases would not last twenty minutes.
I've often thought you get a military chopper, mount a 50 caliber in it, then announce that in 90 days, vehicles trying to escape from police will shot with the intent to kill.
Probably cost $100 million or so to settle the nuisance lawsuits till things get under control.
Oh well, just a thought.
Lew