O/T: A Slow Day In The Newsroom

SoCal, the car chase capital of the world.

Almost every day, there is a car chase being televised in real time on TV, someplace here in SoCal, but not today.

Today we get to see a white pick up truck being chased in Pasadena, TX (Metro Houston), in real time.

Guess it is a slow say in the newsroom.

Must be the weather.

Tis a tad warm today. About 100F at 2:00PM local time.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Please don't confuse any of the Houston area residents as being anything like the "we can't shut up" news people that you have been watching.

Reply to
Leon
105 degrees F here today, too hot to go out in the shop.. Hey thats why they made computers lol

Al

Reply to
Al

Nothing on TV irritates me as much as turning on to CNN Headline News and finding them spending 20 minutes on a $#%^& car chase. As far as I'm concerned, that's LOCAL news, not national.

Reply to
Larry Blanchard

That's not even news, IMO. j4

Reply to
jo4hn

One L.A.W. rocket and car chases would not last twenty minutes.

Reply to
CW

I've often thought you get a military chopper, mount a 50 caliber in it, then announce that in 90 days, vehicles trying to escape from police will shot with the intent to kill.

Probably cost $100 million or so to settle the nuisance lawsuits till things get under control.

Oh well, just a thought.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

It's REALITY TV! REAL reality TV. It's REAL COPS. It's what the average American wants to watch.

Reply to
New Wave Dave