O/T: A Sign Of The Times

There are 5 for $10 T-Shirt stores all over SoCal announced with blazing signs across their building facades, "5 for $10".
Haven't been in one for a couple of years and my supply of T-Shirts is beginning to get a little low, so made a stop today.
Welcome to the real world.
There are still 5 for $10 T-Shirts; however, the shirts I like, 100% cotton, solid color, shirts W/O a pocket.
My shirts are now 3 for $11.
Oh well, 3 for $11 still doesn't require a tie.
I'm still ahead of the game.
Lew
On 2/16/2011 7:08 PM, Lew Hodgett wrote:

And I understand your sentiment. Since I retired a couple of years ago, tee-shirts and shorts are the "uniform of the day"... used to stop in at a Van Huesen outlet store twice a year to get shirts and slacks for the office; friend told me a few days ago that the store had closed down a while back.
Matt
"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message

I used to work for a company where vendors handed out as many corporate logo t-shirts and polo shirts etc. as you could stagger away with, so I still have a ton of those. And unfortunately my wife and I are both addicted to t-shirts from musicians we enjoy, so we have a closetful or two of shirts from our favorite bands. About the only way I'll buy a plain t-shirt again is if it comes with a free six pack of decent beer.
On Wed, 16 Feb 2011 18:08:25 -0800, "Lew Hodgett"

You still wearing those blue and white striped sailor tees, Lew?
http://fourhorsemen.ca/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/SailorShirtWhite.jpg
-- The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools. --Herbert Spencer
I used to have to have a top pocket, no matter what but being a non-smoker I can wear the cheap ones again.
How about somebody silk screen rec.woodworking on them and sell them for $10 each?
"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
There are 5 for $10 T-Shirt stores all over SoCal announced with blazing signs across their building facades, "5 for $10". Haven't been in one for a couple of years and my supply of T-Shirts is beginning to get a little low, so made a stop today. Welcome to the real world. There are still 5 for $10 T-Shirts; however, the shirts I like, 100% cotton, solid color, shirts W/O a pocket. My shirts are now 3 for $11. Oh well, 3 for $11 still doesn't require a tie. I'm still ahead of the game.
Lew
Josepi wrote:

I got a good quality t-shirt on sale at Menards with their "logo" (name) on it for $2.99. I wasn't shopping for a t-shirt that day, but hey.
Bill
"Bill" wrote:

You want me to wear a logo on some part of my clothing, there is a fee involved.
Remember the sign, ass, gas or grass?
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

The cotton futures market has gone nuts. Cotton is now priced at $1.90/lb. The last time it was this high ($1.89/lb) was during the Recent Unplesantness when cotton from the Confederacy was interrupted by northern aggressors.
Synthetics, too, have had their prices increase 50% in the past year.
Lew Hodgett wrote the following:

Since I don't have to wear white tee shirts anymore, I buy my colored tee shirts at A.C. Moore, the arts and crafts store. They have them for people who want to print stuff on. They have a wide variety of colors and are heavy duty Hanes shirts. Last time I bought some they were less than $3 apiece.
--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY