O/T: A Question

Page 2 of 2

My 16 year old son is quite dyslexic and has used Dragon for the past five or six years. I'm not sure what version he is on at the moment but its one less than a year old.
He does quite well with it (at least exceedingly better than paper and pencil). I think he has mentioned that it has improved over the years (I'd ask him directly, but its Sunday morning and I don't expect him to be coherent for at least 4 more hours). He has, however, spent hours if not days training it.
I've played with it myself, but have never invested the time needed to get it and myself trained enough to be effective with it.
--
Frank Stutzman

A quite-disabled friend has been using Dragon for quite a while. He likes it a lot and says that it gets better with every release.
Tom
"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
Anybody have any up to date experience with voice recognition software such as Dragon.
Years ago tried it's predecessor, Naturally Speaking, but it lacked a lot.
Lew
On Sat, 22 Mar 2014 16:52:19 -0700, "Lew Hodgett"

at 98%, you need a good editor/proofreader.
On Saturday, March 22, 2014 6:52:19 PM UTC-5, Lew Hodgett wrote:

It works, and works rather well. There is a learning curve, as there is wi th any program, and its not perfect. That being said, it does work well AF TER you get it to recognize how YOU speak. I had some material that I nee ded to copy from a source book for a talk I was giving. Being able to just read it into Dragon was really a huge help.
Deb
Many thanks to those who responded.
It would appear that the productivity of Dragon is directly proportional to the amount of work you are willing to spend developing solutions for your needs.
So what else is new?
Thanks again.
Lew
<notyoung> wrote: It would be cheap to find out. After rebate, version 12 is about the price of shipping. <snip> ------------------------------------------------------------------ There are as many "deals" as there are product variations.
The question I was asking, are any of them worth a hoot?
You can start with the ads on late night TV followed by all kind of "Deals".
Lew